The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica's new APS-C Interchangeable lens camera

bradhusick

Apple manages to ship products worldwide with almost no regulatory markings on them because they are clever and have figured out how to refer to that information without having to put it on the devices.

Leica needs to take a lesson from them...

Last edited:

Terry

Brad,
I had seen that but wasn't sure if that was what final production was going to look like.

Godfrey

Apple manages to ship products worldwide with almost no regulatory markings on them because they are clever and have figured out how to refer to that information without having to put it on the devices.

You mean like this from the bottom of my newish MacBook Pro?

I suspect what you posted is first run or pre-release markings. If not, eh? whatever. This stuff has to be on the devices somewhere to comply with regulations.

G

Godfrey

I was thinking more along the lines of the iPhone. Similar but not as complex.
I believe that cell phones are in a different regulatory class for marking requirements. The iPad and iPad mini have similar markings (very small and difficult to see) to the MacBook Pro and cameras.

This from the Olympus E-M1:

I suspect the labeling you see on the T at present is either early production or pre-release, it might be tuned and prettified further in regular production run.

scott kirkpatrick

I found the 45 minute commercial to be a breakthrough in conceptual art, worthy of a Warhol, with a voiceover that was pure poetry. The BBC is just being Philistine again.

scott

Terry

I went to have a play with the camera today. Interesting that the shop had an aluminum brick and a milled one to show the different stages. So obviously they feel this process is very important to demonstrate.

I just need a longer prime than the 23mm.

barjohn

Jono,
Since you have had more time with the T can you tell me if the lens lettering is engraved and then painted or just painted on surface? Same on camera body. I got to handle one for a little bit yesterday and forgot to check (old age thing :) ). I was impressed with my brief try but I screwed up on the images I took in that I didn't have my glasses on and thought ISO was set to 200 and it was in fact set to 800. Still, nice IQ for 800. I have one on order. AF was slower than I would have liked but very quiet and seemed to be accurate but I would need more hands on time to know for sure. I ordered one.

Godfrey

I went to have a play with the camera today. Interesting that the shop had an aluminum brick and a milled one to show the different stages. So obviously they feel this process is very important to demonstrate.

I just need a longer prime than the 23mm.
I figure if I go for this camera, I'll get the adapter and use the M-Rokkor 40/2 and 90/4 with it, in addition to the 23/2. I've always liked the combination of APS-C format and 40mm focal length ... kind of a long normal. And the little 90mm makes a good telephoto for APS-C too.

With these lenses, the T becomes the Leica CL digital I've been waiting for. (The X2 is already kinda the Rollei 35S digital for me ...)

G

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
That 45 minute video makes me wonder exactly how bad I might feel when I smash the camera against a rock.
-bob

Double Negative

Not Available

Holy mother of )_(#%$ that's hideous. At least put it on a sticker that we can pull OFF.

cam

That 45 minute video makes me wonder exactly how bad I might feel when I smash the camera against a rock.
-bob
bad bob, but you made me laugh!

(and i needed that as i'm spending my daylight hours being attacked by hungry birds :D)

jonoslack

Jono,
Since you have had more time with the T can you tell me if the lens lettering is engraved and then painted or just painted on surface? Same on camera body. I got to handle one for a little bit yesterday and forgot to check (old age thing :) ). I was impressed with my brief try but I screwed up on the images I took in that I didn't have my glasses on and thought ISO was set to 200 and it was in fact set to 800. Still, nice IQ for 800. I have one on order. AF was slower than I would have liked but very quiet and seemed to be accurate but I would need more hands on time to know for sure. I ordered one.
Hi John
on the lens it seems to be painted, on the camera body it's engraved, and the stuff on the bottom is pretty inoffensive in real life. That ISO thing! the second dial defaults to ISO and is easy to change without noticing - you can change it something different, and the problem is gone.

all the best