The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica's new APS-C Interchangeable lens camera

MPK2010

As we could see from the X1/2 and X-Vario same sensor supplier doesnt mean automaticaally same output.
In case of the X-Models the IQ is (IMO) better than that what I did get from my X-Pro1 and better than what I could achieve from the Nex 5n and Nex7 and from m43 - in regards to overall look and color-at least for my taste.
Absolutely.

bradhusick

My hood (bonnet) is made from al-you-miny-um and my roof (roof?) is made from car-bon-fi-ber.

:lecture:

C'mon Leica - make a limited T from Titanium!

jlm

Workshop Member
since it is not die cast, but machined out of block, it could be made out of cheese, titanium bronze, wood, you name it

Paratom

Godfrey

Got a bit quiet over the past couple of days ..... but here's a new hands on video

Leica T type 701 hands-on field test (video) | Leica News & Rumors
Thanks! I noticed that the T madness had settled out a bit too.

The review was pretty negative on a lot of things, although he did like using the camera a lot. The selection of pictures he showed ... um, er ... well, they were mostly boring crap but for one or two. Jono's photos are FAR better, and do a much better job of exciting people about the T.

My jury's out at the moment on buying one. I won't know whether I am in the market or not until I handle one and try a couple of lenses on it.

I do know one thing, though: I pulled out my X2 and did some shooting with it. It's going up for sale. Still makes beautiful photos, but I've gotten too used to the responsive shutter and controls of the E-M1 and A7 to deal with the X2's focusing speed (manual or automatic) and find its control dials fiddly and difficult to enjoy now, the E-M1 in particular. The E-M1 with 14mm or 17mm lenses fitted isn't that much bigger/heavier, is easier to hold, and is a totally different world of performance and capability.

G