The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica T

fotografz

Very Droll!
Maybe I should head S wards now you've done all the testing!
I think it's worth it IF one works with off-camera lighting outdoors a fair amount like I do.

Not that it isn't a great system without that feature, but the CS lenses and 1/1000 sync puts it over the top for me. I did over 200 shots with a Profoto B600 AIR this past weekend, and the fast sync saved my behind.

- Marc

Paratom

Hah, Tom - you caved in - excellent - well done - congratulations.
. . . and a lovely shot too.
Congratulations for getting back into GAS ? ;)
Anyways - so far I enjoy the T more than I thought I would and I do find the IQ better than I had expected.
There are some processing speed issues which need to be addressed by Leica via Firmware but I knew about those upfront.

Knorp

Hah - what's worse is that it would seem you have to take the strap off to 'easily snap it on and off'
Well, according to Leica your 'worst' is just a click away ... :p

It’s all just a click away
The Easy-Click system of the Leica T is unique in the world of cameras. It stylishly and conveniently connects accessories like the carrying strap and the wrist strap to your camera. The accessories are attached by a stainless steel pin that is simply pressed into the click-lock mechanism on the body of the Leica T. Removing them is also as easy as can be: the accessories are just as easy to detach, with a quick and easy movement.
Besides, how often do you want to change anyway ?
Exactly, thought so too ... :lecture:

All the very best.

GMB

Hah - what's worse is that it would seem you have to take the strap off to 'easily snap it on and off'
Actually not. They have two versions: One where you have to take the strap off and another with larger holes where you don't.

Paratom

Well, according to Leica your 'worst' is just a click away ... :p

Besides, how often do you want to change anyway ?
Exactly, thought so too ... :lecture:

All the very best.
You Need to get it off and on for changing the battery. Thats why I did not buy any of the plastic covers but rather a halfcase where you dont have to unlock the strap. However until it gets cold I will use the camer "naked" anyways.

Paratom

wuffstuff, on my screen the images do not look sharp. I assume its a problem of compression/websize?

wuffstuff

wuffstuff, on my screen the images do not look sharp. I assume its a problem of compression/websize?
Must be; they look soft to me. They are really sharp in lightroom. I haven't printed either of these yet but all those I have printed are extremely clean and sharp.

I don't think I'll put anymore up here; they don't look right.

Paratom

Must be; they look soft to me. They are really sharp in lightroom. I haven't printed either of these yet but all those I have printed are extremely clean and sharp.

I don't think I'll put anymore up here; they don't look right.
or try to post through a different way. flickr seems to work better. I had / have same problem sometimes