The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica T

jonoslack

Thanks for the pictures of the zoom on the T.

Gorgeous picture from Courcheval outstanding.
Were you skiing? If so how did you carry your T along?

Steven
Hi Steven
I have a LowPro slingshot (I think the small one). It'll take a camera and a couple of lenses, I hate it in every other situation, but it has the advantage that you can swing it round in front of you on a chair lift. This time I had a T with the 11-23 and the 55-135, and a D-Lux in the top of it - works fine - it'll also take two Ms with a lens on each.

I was skiing indeed (if you can call what I do skiing :( ) . Emma is slightly less reckless than I am, so I stop and take snaps whilst she recedes into the distance, then I can catch up recklessly :)

best
Jono

pingu666

ive used the T briefly on a demo day, its beautiful hunk of metal, but the edges are sharp and instantly noticable to me, a half leather case thing might fix the issue, (and cold) but then that kinda takes away from the looks

the lack of physical controls is :\, the touch screen is nice in some ways but frustrating in others.

kit lens surprised me, seems really good.

style over substance on the body? i think so, its not super terrible, but when you think what could of been... :/

Godfrey

I put all my cameras this size into leather half cases anyway, except for the ones that the half cases either suck or don't exist. Nothing makes my hands happier with any small block of metal/plastic/etc than some grippy leather to handle it by. ;-)

Using the T fluidly takes a bit of re-learning/accommodation to the new control paradigm. I spent a half hour playing with one—by the end of that it felt quite natural to me.

That said, I'm not ready to buy into a T system yet and don't know whether I will be any time in the foreseeable future. I'm pretty happy with my current equipment.

G

Paratom

I dont have any problem with the edges..maybe my sample did get a better polsih ;)
I have the grey leather halfcase but do use the T more often without.
The UI works better than I expected. 90% I use auto-iso (which is very well designed) and shoot in A , one wheel f-stop, the other EXP comp.
Works fine.

jonoslack

I don't have any problem with the edges either . . . I've used the T for 18 months without any form of protection . . .

Here's a couple of shots with the 18-55 lens

Saul

Obi

jonoslack

Hmm - well, Here I am again
I really like the T (thank you Tom for reminding me)
I've spent the last 6 months with Qs and Monochroms (all great) - but the T really is a fine camera, and with the new firmware it works pretty well too.

Hunting Chickens

American Pillar Rose

rsmphoto

©2-150624.jpg From a recent scout shoot. Yes, I use the T for among other things, scouting stuff I end up using the S for down the road. It's really quite a useful tool.

Last edited:

jonoslack

A few recent shots with the T:

Which Way
Leica 60mm macro elmarit R

Worlds within Worlds
Leica 60mm macro elmarit R

Pink and Green
Leica T 55-135

Pathway
Leica T 18-56​