The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yep, quilty as charged..I did it.. and I'm not regretting one bit!

In fact I'll do it again some other day!

What? Yes, I shot video with an M! I'm just as shocked as you are. But it was worth it :)

Was at my daughters music schools (where tots learn about music) spring closing festivity. She was part of a group of 3 year olds performing a song&dance with their mothers. So I took a few photos of her and my wife.. and then I did it. I filmed their song&dance act :)

It was quite easy as they were sitting down while doing their part, so I didn't have to keep focusing. Rather focused once with rf and had my lense on f2.8 shooting about 4-5 meters away with a 50 slux. The footage was in good enough focus and looked quite nice when played from a 45" FullHD tv.

So yeah, I reckon the movies have their place. No regrets.

And btw, I only used rf for shooting the movie and shutter speed was set manually at 1/90.

//Juha

Last edited: