The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lots of (Expensive) New Leica Stuff

Double Negative

Not Available
Lots of new Leica stuff announced today in Wetzlar, celebrating the 100th anniversary and move to Leitz Park.

Not surprisingly, lots of expensive stuff... Leica M Edition 100, the fabled Summilux-M 28mm f/1.4 ASPH, new Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4 and Macro-Adapter-M, a $25k Valbray watch and more...

Break out those credit cards, boys. ;)

Double Negative

Not Available
The Lux isn't available separately yet - only as part of the set.

We'll probably see it at Photokina in September, if not sooner. And in black/silver (not stainless steel). Though "stainless steel" is misleading; the lenses are coated as they've always been. Only the bodies are machined.

D&A

The Lux isn't available separately yet - only as part of the set.

We'll probably see it at Photokina in September, if not sooner. And in black/silver (not stainless steel). Though "stainless steel" is misleading; the lenses are coated as they've always been. Only the bodies are machined.
Price for all these are irrelevant. I plan to add them all to my list of things to buy.....In my next life when I return :).

Dave (D&A)

So, have you ordered your 100 years combo yet? And when will we see the review? ;-)

Have to say, the new gear looks nice. Going to be interesting to see how much that 28 summilux will cost. What's that you say? 7500usd or around 5000€.. you maybe right.

Here's hoping for some killer deals for 2nd hand 28 crons! C'mon guys, flood the 2nd hand market already!

And now somebody just needs to work on Guy's brains a bit to make him switch over :-D

//Juha

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

Re: SX28 (in T colors)

Sean Reid was given one of these for trial use and analysis. He finds it vignettes a bit strongly but did well on all other criteria. (subscription site)

It looks about the same size as the SX35FLE, but he doesn't say if it has an FLE. Since there are hints of a small focus shift going from f/1.4 to f/4, that may be in the cards for a general release lens.

scott

Double Negative

Not Available
Haha, Juha! Rest assured I will not be ordering the set. :p

Graham, the silver MM is the same price as the regular MM and available now. The one from the set is stainless steel and not available separately (too bad!).