The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

There is no new Monochrom coming... (not soon anyway)

bradhusick

Unfortunately the Leica M Monochrom Typ 230 is no new Leica M240 based Monochrom but the stainless steel version as part of the limited Leica M Edition 100. Because of the different material it needed a new certificate from the Korean telecommunication agency – thus the rumors…

Last edited:

Double Negative

Not Available
Re: There is no new Monochrom coming...

Makes sense.. Different RF characteristics. What do you base this on, Brad? Just curious.

Jay Emm

Headline's a bit misleading. There will be a new M Monochrom, but what you mean is "false alarm" this time around :)

D&A

edited the headline
...and here Brad I set aside funds for not one but two new Monochroms only to learn it was a false alarm and more importantly, poorly executed journalism by posting a misleading headline. HBC might be impressed with your photography but Edward R. Murrow would be sorely disappointed with your headlines employing sensationalized journalism. :eek: What's next, a headline posting that "digital" photography is dead and everyone is rushing back to film? :). Now what am I going to do with all this xtra money I set aside?...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

bradhusick

Dave, you can send that cash to the "Human Fund - People Helping People"

It goes directly into my toy account. :)

250swb

They way you put it implies Leica didn't already have a product code for it, can that be true, or was it simply the first occasion that Leica published the product code? Anyway, the truth is out, it clears the air of all those rumours.

Steve

Jay Emm

I have two good sources. One well placed, the other less so. However both have hinted a Photokina announcement on the next Monochrome, with shipping toward end of quarter one. I know it's not much, and entirely predictable really - but still might be of interest...