The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica 50mm APO Summicron-M lens

bradhusick

Now that Leica are shipping the flare-fixed 50mm APO-Summicron-M I thought we should start posting photos taken with this extraordinary lens.

Mine's on the way, so please post-away!

:worthless:

erudolph

I'll kick it off. These were taken with the lens soon after it was initially delivered March of 2013. Subsequently it went to Solms for the flare problem. B&W with the MM, color with the M.

Last edited:

element-m

Yay ! great news. Looking forward to seeing more uploads so that I drool a bit more from the mouth. Would love to get this lens.

ashwinrao1

I'll bite :)

With the MM, it might be the sharpest lens/camera combo I have ever encountered:

Nice OOF too:

Makes for a lovely portrait lens:

Smooth, yet sharp:

ashwinrao1

Though I did get it to flare in horribly harsh sidelighting...a convenient coincidence in this particular instance :)

JohnBrew

I would love to shoot this lens against my Lux ASPH because I can't see any advantage with the AA. At least not on these posted images.

bradhusick

It's hard to tell any differences in any lenses with on-screen JPEGs. If you look at the original images on a big display or print them you'll see the difference. Steve Huff is getting ready to show some comparisons with the 50 lux in his multi-part review.