The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

deleted

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I deleted this one.
It was processed with a very early Beta version of a new RAW converter.
I wasn't quite satisfied with the demosaicing method, though it does contain some three-dimensionality.

D&A

Now this is a thread I can really identify with. Delete is my second most used action in photoshop...only superceded by "open" :).

David

jonoslack

I wonder how long we can get this thread to run.

:watch::SPAM:
Quite a long time I imagine Mike, but it will require a little perseverance from us all, and a proper attitude to duty

Whilst waiting for more information, and in the light of:

:worthless:

I think I'll have some lunch

Taken with the Leica T and the 'cheap' kit zoom (FWIW)

all the best

Amin

Seeing as how this thread has no remaining topic, and I'm responsible for that, I guess the least I can do is say something...

So my 75yo dad visited today. I recently helped him choose a 21mm Distagon ZF.2 and adapter to use on a Sony A7 (previously my A7). He likes the lens but found adapting it to be less than ideal, so he was thinking of buying a Df. I steered him towards the D810 instead, and he ordered that today (Amazon had it in stock). I just figured the Distagon was deserving of 36MP of detail. Did I steer him wrong? Would he have been better off with the Df?

Other than mentioned, he has an E-M5 with some nice MFT lenses (12/2, 35/1.4, 75/1.8) and the A7 with FE 55/1.8 and FE 70-200/4 OSS.

And in the spirit of random, topic-less threads, here are a couple pics of my 10-month-old daughter helping her older brother's to sell lemonade (M type 240, Leica 50/1.4 ASPH):

10-months-old, 7-tooth smile, selling lemonade with big brothers by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

L1002485 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

D&A

Lovely photo's Amin! With regard to whether your dad would prefer shooting with the D810 or the Df depends on so many factors, especially with regards to how your dad likes to capture images, the type of photography he enjoys most, and how he plans to post process and use the resulting files (ie: for large format prints, for monitor viewing, small print albums etc.). Both great cameras but with very different purposes and a different style of shooting in my opinion. Of course there is overlap.

Maybe it would have been interesting if he had a chance to rent both, and then have a better idea which one suits him best.

But lets stay on this thread's topic.....all this typing has made me thirsty....any Lemonade left for sale? :)