The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Petition for initiating M8 lens identification in firmware

jonoslack

maybe, but with the crop and thick adapters; it doesent count for me.
The M for the G1 adaptor is less than 1cm thick . . agree about the crop factor though.

I must say, a really understand the arguments made about Leica's patents (why should they make it easy for other lens manufacturers to take their sales away). I bet they think they've done enough for 3rd party manufacturer's already (it would be interesting to see the proportion of sales of CV and ZM m mount lenses that have been bought for Leica cameras recently, and those that have been bought for Bessa and Ikon).

Still, I think the table would actually do them good - It's never going to be anything like as convenient as a coded lens (even the wate with the options is a pain in the butt). On the other hand, it would lure in lots of people who don't already have M8's . . . . who would then discover what a pain it is and get coded lenses!

cam

I must say, a really understand the arguments made about Leica's patents (why should they make it easy for other lens manufacturers to take their sales away). I bet they think they've done enough for 3rd party manufacturer's already (it would be interesting to see the proportion of sales of CV and ZM m mount lenses that have been bought for Leica cameras recently, and those that have been bought for Bessa and Ikon).

Still, I think the table would actually do them good - It's never going to be anything like as convenient as a coded lens (even the wate with the options is a pain in the butt). On the other hand, it would lure in lots of people who don't already have M8's . . . . who would then discover what a pain it is and get coded lenses!
it's actually a factor in my not getting an M8 up to now. it kind of pisses me off. if i actually sprung for an M8.2, it would be ages before i could afford to code my glass -- my 35 Lux pre-asph being uncodeable regardless.

do they want to sell bodies? i mean, really? sometimes i wonder.... (and other times i just think i'll dump K and move in with you :D )