Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nevermind

Post Thanks / Like

Re: nevermind

I know people above would like a cut down, 50mpx Leica "pro format" Dalsa 80mpx sensor @ 50mpx, but I personally don't see the point. I know there aren't any other options to choose from, but I reckon it should be 60mpx or nothing.

Great to hear the new firmware has improved AF speed greatly on S2 and 006. I can only dream of an S system at this point, but I look on from the sidelines with interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Good question. Especially finding out that the S2 now seems to focus just as good.

- Marc
    So if I understand you correctly, you are saying that after the respective firmware update for the S2 and the S(006) (+ the fw update for the lenses), there is no discernible difference as the regards speed an accuracy of the AF between the S2 and the S(006). Wow! If that is the case, I would be a happy camper . I had seriously considered the option of getting a S(006) because the design of the new S(006)-E is indeed plain ugly. In real life it looks so much worse than on photos. I think the S is one of the most elegant cameras and what they did with the S(006)-E takes all elegance away.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Georg
    My new website (under construction) at Zenfolio

Post Thanks / Like

Georg, interesting that you don't like the looks of the new design. I for one, like it a lot. Much cleaner and less clutter on the Tv knob, which now serves multiple purposes. To me the new design is a logical next step in the evolution of the S. To each their own!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterv View Post
    Georg, interesting that you don't like the looks of the new design. I for one, like it a lot. Much cleaner and less clutter on the Tv knob, which now serves multiple purposes. To me the new design is a logical next step in the evolution of the S. To each their own!
    peterv, I don't mean the new design in general but the gray lacquered top of the S-E. It really looks cheap, IMHO, compared to the black brass top used for the S2, the S(006), and the S(007).
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Georg
    My new website (under construction) at Zenfolio
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that not Leica's desire....make you think twice about not buying the S007.

Most purchases in this range are desired not needed...and it is a short jump to the model most beautiful if you are already at the S-E model.

All of this makes me very happy that I upgraded to the S006 when I did.

The 4K is available from a lot of different sources...many are a much better platform for it.

Bob
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just upgraded the fw on the S2, will also check lenses. If it really results in a meaningful improvement in AF speed, then I see no need to upgrade to any other version, beautiful or ugly. I am quite happy with the S2 as it is. The 007 appeals to me only for its higher ISO capability (and therefore better chances of hand holding in available light) but not if the output looks like a bigger version of the M240.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    Just upgraded the fw on the S2, will also check lenses. If it really results in a meaningful improvement in AF speed, then I see no need to upgrade to any other version, beautiful or ugly. I am quite happy with the S2 as it is. The 007 appeals to me only for its higher ISO capability (and therefore better chances of hand holding in available light) but not if the output looks like a bigger version of the M240.

I've owned both the S2 and S..the S feels better and makes the S2 feel like a beta version .. whether it's worth upgrading is subjective.

(sorry after I post this I realised you were taking about the potential upgrade to the 007)