The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica X (all models)

Godfrey

No walk this Saturday, but a dinner cruise around San Francisco Bay in the evening ...

All: Leica X :: mostly program mode

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

Godfrey

Leica X :: ISO 200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60 sec

I like these two as a diptych, but I think the individual frames are strong enough on their own.

Thanks for looking. Your thoughts are welcome!

G

Godfrey

Leica X typ 113
ISO 3200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/25 sec

Yes, I went to a Halloween party last evening... My costume was "Tourist in Hawaii", a perfect way to carry a camera and snap a bunch of pictures. ];-)

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

PS:
Here are a few more photos from Saturday evening ... https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5TEoXP
enjoy!

Last edited:

Godfrey

Very little time this past week to think photographically. In the scarce moments available, my eyes were caught by concrete. One of a set of four:

Leica X :: ISO 1600 @ f/2 @ 1/60 sec

The Concrete set: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5r5USr

Thanks for looking. Comments appreciated.

enjoy,
G

DavidE

Thanks, Godfrey. It's all reflections along with whatever was on the other side of the store window. I'm not clever enough to devise an appropriate overlay from scratch, so I leave it to chance and process the better combinations using Lightroom and Silver Efex Pro to make everything seem to be in the same space.

Godfrey

I was lucky to attend a lecture at the Cantor Museum addressing an exhibit of photos by Robert Frank this past Thursday evening. I was surprised and delighted when Robert Frank himself, just a few days after having turned ninety, was introduced and took the lectern. Afterwards, I had a moment to say hello and snapped a couple of photos.

This is my favorite of the photos. There were just a few as a lot of people were crowding around to speak with him.

Leica X :: ISO 1600 @ f/2 @ 1/25 second

enjoy!

G

Last edited:

Godfrey

Saw this pretty thing outside the cafe this evening:

Leica X :: ISO 1600 @ f/1.7 @ 1/30 sec

enjoy!
G