The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica X (all models)

Godfrey

A walk at the annual Christmas in the Park event in San Jose, CA last evening...

Leica X :: ISO 3200 @ f/2 @ 1/30 sec

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Happy New Year!

Just back from my holiday trip to Tijuana. The only camera I brought along was the X (well, the iPhone 4S and iPad mini were there too). So I sorted through the exposures and pulled out about 70 that my partner, his family and some friends might enjoy.

For my own amusement, I tossed them into a slide show. Nothing here of great art, and all just about straight out of the camera JPEGs, but I thought some might enjoy them.

enjoy,
G

Godfrey

Leica X :: ISO 200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/400

Might was well get the new year off starting with work I hadn't finished posting from last year ... :)

Thanks for looking!

G

Godfrey

Leica X : ISO 200 @ f/4.5 @ 1/800

Working my way through this set, one at a time. The order is a bit jumbled, however. ;-)

G

Godfrey

Leica X : ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/250

Leica X : ISO 200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/320

thanks for looking!

G

Godfrey

Leica X : ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60

Leica X : ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/250

I liked how the feel of the image changed in the transition from monochrome to color for these two. Interested to hear other folks' comments.
Note: If you have a large screen and click on the images, you'll see them at native resolution on Flickr (1600 pixels wide). They look better that way.

thanks for looking!
G

Godfrey

Leica X :: ISO 3200 @ f/2.5 @ 1/60

Originally thought I liked it in B&W, but the color cropped differently captivated me. :)

enjoy,
G

sjg284

Figured I'd add to Godfrey's post here

Got an X 113 this weekend as a lightweight carry everywhere as my wrist continues to act up ..

Might have matched my splint if I went with Moncler edition...

Waiting for lunch reservation

sjg284

Thanks Godfrey

So far so good, so much lighter than I expected.. or from reading specs.
~480g X113 vs ~680g for my A7s+FE35 feels much lighter than the math would imply!

Got a Toshiba FlashAir card for quick on-the-go review&posting after seeing mixed reviews on EyeFi and noticing Leica supports FlashAir (it's a menu option on X113).. works well enough compared to the built in WiFi on Sony cameras, though I'm using PhotoSync instead of Toshiba's own app.

I did have one disconcerting incident that I hope does not repeat - the camera got stuck in C mode despite the dial being in S. Repeated power cycles and removal of battery did not resolve, had to do a factory settings reset via menu to clear it out. I remember older M8/M9 series having OFF/S/C dial issues... would have hoped German engineering had this problem solved by now....

sjg284

Also 2 things I was (mildly) surprised by - no lens profiles in LR, and no FW updates yet from Leica?