The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica X (all models)

DwF

Re: My new X 113

Late to the party there are many inspiring images here! I had an X1 just after it's release and loved that camera. I 'd been thinking I'd like to pick up an X2 and this X 113 showed up on Craigslist; I cold not pass up the opportunity. So I am just getting acquainted. I like the manual focus but found AF worked well here, not sure why and considering my subject was pretty still and focused on Instagram.

David

Attachments

DwF

Here is a snap from my first outing with the X. Color is a bit saturated but that's how I remember it and looking at skin tone it looks about right.

Attachments

DwF

I particularly like the lines in your second photo here. The dark shadowy area lower left integrates nicely with the angled vertical (unfinished part of the building) on the right. It helps keep the eye moving through the image. (if this makes any sense :)

David

sjg284

Thanks!

The lines are what drew me in.

Hudson Yards has a lot of construction going on currently, was an interesting walk.

I particularly like the lines in your second photo here. The dark shadowy area lower left integrates nicely with the angled vertical (unfinished part of the building) on the right. It helps keep the eye moving through the image. (if this makes any sense :)

David

Godfrey

Leica X
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60

There are moments when a simple, light camera is just the right thing. :)

G

DwF

Leica X (all the models) Rock!

Gnuyork, I like what you did with that image too!

Here is one from this afternoon with X-113 and trusty old Gitzo tripod

Last edited:

DwF

X Vario

I searched to find this thread on page three, I imagine it will sink quickly back into obscurity but want to invite anyone reading here who still use their X cameras to revitalize this thread!

Last edited: