The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica X (all models)

Godfrey

Try as I might, I could not find a "Fun with" picture thread for the Leica X1, X2, X Vario cameras. And since there're a couple of new X models, I thought it would be nice to start one for all of them...

I'll add a couple of photos in a second post. Add some of your own!

Last edited:

Godfrey

I was thinking about all the Photokina discussion and new Leica stuff, particularly the new D-Lux and X offerings. I realized that I hadn't taken my X2 out for a walk in some time, so I decided to take it on my Saturday morning walk yesterday. Here are two from a set of nine photos made yesterday.

Leica X2 - ISO 400 @ f/8 @ 1/125

Leica X2 - ISO 400 @ f/8 @ 1/160

Click this link to see the whole set of nine: Tree - 2014

I don't think I need another camera in this class at the moment. The X2 will do.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

Gbealnz

With company like you two, I gotta have a flick at this.
Never thought I'd bond with this simple "Digital Barnack", but golly gee I have, I love it.

A couple from Europe 12 months ago, I'll spare you from any more, but I ended up with a very good supply of happy memories.

Brave decision to embark on a 7 or so week trip to the other side of the world, buying a used "P&S with fixed lens". But it was the best decision I ever made.
Gary

Godfrey

Gary,

I'd love to see you render the nuns photo to monochrome, and maybe do a little cropping on the foreground.

The Leica X series cameras are delightful. Just the thing for traveling. Now why did I lug a bag full of Sony A7 and three big Leica R lenses to Hawaii a couple of weeks back? I hardly did anything that I couldn't do with the X2... !

G

Gbealnz

Godfrey.
I recall trying it, and deciding I liked the slight splash of colour here and there. But I'll try it again.
Yes, the bag full of gear wears thin when you are traveling, this single small light camera was a revelation. Completely against my at the time logic, but this proved wrong.
Gary

Godfrey

Went out for a bit of dessert after dinner last evening. A tussle ensued ...

Leica X2 - In-camera JPEG B&W - Triptych produced with LR

G

Godfrey

Leica X2 :: ISO 1600 @ f/4 @ 1/20 second

Yes, definitely more fun back into picture taking lately. I'm still strapped for time, badly, but the simplicity and directness of the X2 stops me from having to think too much about what to use and engages me in what to shoot. And it's small and light enough that I have taken to carrying it, or one of the Ms with a lens, all the time again.

Gbealnz

Both stunning Godfrey, and pushing the boundaries in all directions, ISO especially and shutter-speed. Wonderful.
Gary

Godfrey

First photo made with the X to post:

Leica X typ 113
ISO 1600 @ f/1.7 @ 1/2000

Obviously, I'm poking about with stuff looking for the limits. Were I being serious, I'd have set ISO to 100 or 200 ... And I added grain and vignetting... ];-)

enjoy!

G

Godfrey

Leica X :: ISO 1600 @ f/2.5 @ 1/40 sec

Haven't done a selfie for a bit. Testing the X and I liked this one. From the raw file...

Gbealnz

Loving this tiny X1, and while not the action camera of choice, it is always fun to use.
Some fooling around in the sun and water after doing the lawns, then a cool refreshment.
Neither are technically perfect, especially the moving shot, but what the heck, it's what I saw at the time, the smile says it all.
Gary