The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GAS explained

scott kirkpatrick

The current Kirk Tuck blog post has explained it all. He quotes a book that reviews psychological tests showing how once you have purchased an object, it becomes your personal choice of object, and its perceived value (to you) is greater than the value of any similar or even identical object. Evolution favors those with this attribute. His take on the serious GAS sufferer over multiple years and models:

"
Multi-system owners? Either they want to have the right tool at hand for a specific job or, more credibly they are trying to cover all of their bases so they can enhance their perceived safety and ranking in their tribe.
"

scott (owner of three systems plus a few film cameras, in case film comes back...)

segedi

Very interesting. I feel insecure in both my safety and status in the tribe. Or maybe I just really really need to have the Nikon D750... you know, to supplement the M 240 and Monochrom...

JoelM

Well, now that it's explained, that changes absolutely........ Nothing. :)

Joel