The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leica S firmware 2.4.1

Yes,it's in the same package..Restart the camera with the joystick pressed down (if you have an S007) and it will update the less too..

Rob
Hi,

Thanks for your kind consideration of sharing. May I ask if the same (restarting the camera.......) holds true also for S006?

Philip

satybhat

So,
Just to be clear, does the camera update the firmware for all lenses one after the other if it was started with the joystick pressed?
Thanks

aDam007

What I noticed is this:

Update camera, delete firmware.. Go about your business. IF you have a lens that isn't updated it'll ask you when you turn on the camera. Or rather, will tell you. So what you do in that case is, turn on the camera while holding the button and it'll update the lens. EACH lens you put on that doesn't have the firmware that the body has, it will alert you. And with each lens you just turn the camera off and back on while holding the button.

This was the case for me and the three new lenses which did not have the firmware (while the body did have the firmware).