The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone takes their Leica M240 out in the drizzle?

silver92b

My M9 has been in the rain, snow, etc...no issues...and the M240 should be better sealed...
Sounds encouraging. I suppose it all depends on how much "exposure" to the elements the camera is subjected to...

You are lucky. Not so the owner of this non-working M9 recently sold for $1,213.80; according to the seller, "This body had moisture damage that ruined the electronics." — Leica M9 18 0 MP Digital Camera Black Body Only 4022243107045 | eBay
This type of report is what makes me worry about exposing the Leica to rain, etc. Today I went out to the botanical gardens and took my camera and lenses. It was raining and drizzling and there was plenty of moisture in the air. I captured some images and what little water landed on the camera, I wiped off with cloth or paper napkins. Nothing bad appears to have happened and I did get some interesting shots ;)

algrove

Yes to drizzle and yes to much more than a drizzle like sideways rain. No issues. I just put a hotel shower cap over the lens and take it off for the shot and then put it back on.