The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M3

jaymz007

Hi Everyone

Can someone please help me with this.
I took a shoot with the M3 and this is the image I get.

Is this user error or is this a camera issue scanner issue or lens issue?

JoelM

Look at the negative to see if it is there. If so, then it isn't a scanner issue. Looks like fogging to me so some sort of light leak. What lens were you using. It could be a lens issue.

HTH

Joel

segedi

It looks like there is some of the black frame in the scan on the right edge. I'm going to guess that the black edge appears as black on the negative and that it's a scanner issue.

It appears as though the film might have a bit of a bend to it and the scanner light is reflecting off of the bend, most likely to occur on a flatbed scanner without a tight film scanning frame.

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

Perhaps an edge was raised on the negative while scanning, looks like a light flare.. First I'd look at the negative, it will be obvious if it's on there, if so, maybe a developer issue.

jaymz007

Hi guys Thank you for all of your support.
I am grateful to be here in this forum.
I have figured out the problem. It was my kodak fixer.
Some how my batch that i mixed got contaminated and i just used a new fixer and all photos are crystal clear. I thought it be funny to get a camera back from CLA and have problems.
But after long research I guess the fixer works on the film from the outside in.
Thank everyone.
Jaymz007