The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Editors Choice

f 10

Hello M8-Friends,

i am pleasure to tell you that one of my photos is "Pic of the week" at LFI-Online.

Please have a look an give me a feedback.

LFI-online

M8 | Noctilux @ f 1,0
only converted in C1, no PS-Effects

V

Vivek

Not a bad picture, f1,0. Very well exposed.:thumbup:

From the redlight, it appears that the Noct was stopped down quite a bit. You could have used any other lens for that?

f 10

thanks vivek,

you´re right, C1 says it was f 4,0
Have a look at the crop.
You are shure, i can do this with any other 50mm lens, but the Nocti is the only one i own.

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Hi,

Congratulations on your acheivement. A nice photograph. I do not own a Noctilux but this does not seem to exhibit the classic look. Not that that is a bd thing of course! I just always half thought that people used these lenses wide open due to the focus shift as you stop down. :D

Congratulations once again.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Gero,

The latest versions of C1 use the guestimate value the M8 records via the blue eye if lens detection is on. I have found it to be very accurate with my coded 35 Summicron ASPH actually.

V

Vivek

You are shure, i can do this with any other 50mm lens, but the Nocti is the only one i own.
Fits the name, f 1,0. ;):D

I think C1 is incorrect and it is stopped well below f/4.

gero

Ed, I didn't know that. It be grate if even if you dont have lens detection or even if you dont have the lens coded; you could put in the lens in the exif in c1 and get a guess on all of your pictures.

V

Vivek

who cares, Vivek?

give it a rest! it's a beautiful photo taken with one of the few pieces of glass you don't own.
Your problem is? :confused:

I picked up an aspect (albeit technical) of the photo. Why would anyone label a picture in a web forum? If you do not care whether it is taken with a pinhole or Nocti, fine.

You also seem to know what I own and do not?:confused:

Thanks though!;)

I will check with you if I am looking for any of my gear if I own it or not!:ROTFL:

robertwright

if someone wants to buy my noct I could settle this right now:D

actually stopped down the noct makes a great all round normal. two lenses for the price of...well....three.:eek:

the picture is drop dead gorgeous, subtle and moving.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Gero,

I do not really change lens so I do not know how the camera behaves without lens detection and a coded lens. It could be that it writes the field in the metadata anyway. I have no idea how accurate it would be though! I would guess not very ...

gero

Ed, I use a lot of different lenses and have found that the IR filter is not very important for me. I do keep a record of the lens that I used in the file when I import them; so it would be very good to make C1 guess the aperture, based on the focal length and camera. Is this posible?