The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Elmarit-R 35-70mm F/3.5 on M?

vjr

Does any one here use Leica Elmarit-R 35-70mm F/3.5 lens on Leica M (240)? How does it perform? I am considering it as a ‘travel’ lens via adapter for my M. Thank you for replays in advance.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
I think the performance should be okay but the size of the lens is too big for the M body. I will chose a 35/75 combo prime lenses instead. Smaller and lighter package with performance/flexibility to match.

erudolph

I've been using the f/4 version of the lens you're interested in. In a sense I've forgotten how small Leica lenses can be, because the size of this zoom doesn't bother me. It also has macro capability. However, before buying this I tried the f/3.5 version in a store and didn't like the images as well.

The f4 version is quite different from the f3.5, which was a relatively inexpensive Minolta-like kit lens, or sort of a starter lens, for R bodies. The f4 was an important accomplishment – but it's harder to find and more expensive.