The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thanks, DPI friends!

otumay

Always a Nikon addict, I recently began to peek inside the M forum and was instantly captivated by the depth and clarity of the images posted. I bought a second hand M8 a few months ago together with both of the Tri-Elmars, which functioned marvelously during my recent trip to India and Nepal. But I was especially taken in by certain posts here, and usually found them to be shot with Summicron lenses.
You've probably guessed the outcome of my story by now; yes, I bought 35, 50 and 75 Summicrons and took some test shots. By sharing a few here I wish to thank all the friends in this forum for the support and insight I received from them.
Kind regards,
Osman

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Hi Otumay,

I am always impressed with the results the 35 and 75 Summicron lenses provide. I do not have the 50 but it also seems to have a wonderful look.

Istanbul looks lovely!

Enjoy!

otumay

Thank you all for your encouraging remarks.
I finally had the time to test the Summicron 75 last Saturday, on a return trip along the Bosphorus. Please forgive me for posting so many photos. Luckily, this was my last Summicron to be tested:grin:
All the best,
Osman

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

The 75 Summicron APO ASPH is really a phenomonal lens. I cannot find the adjective to describe the way it draws but it really is remarkable.

s.agar

Bird in flight (against the background ship named "Samsun") and the young lady with the red flower are great!
When can we expect samples taken with the 90/2?

Seyhun

s.agar

Dangerous to visit the M8 forum! I have been there and done that too.
Don't step to the MF forum next, it may be equally dangerous (my personal experience).

Always a Nikon addict, I recently began to peek inside the M forum and was instantly captivated .....

You've probably guessed the outcome of my story by now; yes, I bought 35, 50 and 75 Summicrons and took some test shots.
Kind regards,
Osman

Last edited:

otumay

Too late to warn me, Seyhun. As for Summicron 90, it can wait until I get the 28 first.
Best,
Osman