The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Defective Leica R-Adapter M ..?

Godfrey

The R-Adapter M I ordered arrived yesterday. I tried using it with two of my R lenses, but the R mounting flange is so tight I'm afraid of damaging the lens, the M-P, or both. I'm returning it ...

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I plan to order another one from a different vendor or buy it locally so I can test it first. The box on this one looked as if it had been opened—perhaps someone else tried it and returned it as defective before me.

G

erudolph

Hi Godfrey. Yes, I picked up an R-M adapter at Camera West and it had exactly the problem you describe. We swapped it out for another one which was fine.

Godfrey

Hi Godfrey. Yes, I picked up an R-M adapter at Camera West and it had exactly the problem you describe. We swapped it out for another one which was fine.
Thanks! Although not good to hear that there's some defect that others have encountered, at least it tells me that this isn't an unheard of issue.

G

doug

Thanks! Although not good to hear that there's some defect that others have encountered, at least it tells me that this isn't an unheard of issue.

G
I had the same problem with my Macro-Adapter-R. Leica recommended a thin (THIN!) film of petroleum jelly i.e., Vaseline on the flange.

Godfrey

I had the same problem with my Macro-Adapter-R. Leica recommended a thin (THIN!) film of petroleum jelly i.e., Vaseline on the flange.
Thanks Doug! I'll keep that in mind when the next one arrives. This adapter was really too tight, I didn't want to use it at all.

G