The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Perfect M8 small bag. Fogg b-laika

jonoslack

Hi there
I found this bag on the Robert White website, and after much measuring and wondering I bought it last week (ordered it at 4pm on a snowy afternoon, and it arrived at 9am the next morning). They really are very good:
Robert White's Fogg Bags

I had heard of Fogg bags before, but I'd never seen one, and I knew they were 'too' expensive. This WAS expensive for a little bag, but when I discovered that they are hand made by a couple now living in france, and then, when I saw the craftsmanship, suddenly it didn't seem expensive at all.
Fogg B-Laika

I'm not keen on 'fat' bags, but I did want a bag which would fit 2 leica bodies, each with lenses, with space for a spare lens. More importantly, I wanted to get one body in with both the WATE and the frankenfinder fitted. This had been too much for every other small bag I'd tried.

Anyway, here are some pictures:
this gives you an idea of the size:

here is the front:

here is the back

and here are a couple of shots of it packed and ready to go:

it has two M8 bodies, one fitted with WATE and finder, the other with 35 'cron, tucked away inside is the 75 'cron, batteries, 1.4 viewfinder etc.

and you hardly know you're carrying it.

Further to this, I sent a quick email to Fogg with a couple of queries, and got back a charming and very informative and helpful email from bee herself.

It's really nice to do business with a small family firm producing stellar products.

C

Cancelledreality

Very nice, Jono. It looks a bit like Billingham bags.
It seems like everything we need for our Leica's is expensive. :ROTFL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
That is the way it goes, but a lovely combination none the less.
I have the small Billingham, and it seems to be just a bit wider.
The Foggs are just gorgeous!
-bob

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

Very very nice. I had never heard of the bags before. I have used Robert White before and had exactly the same experience as you.

I take it the chrome M8 was the one you sent in for upgrade? Is the new grip tape much better?

Hope you are having a nice weekend!

cam

hurumph! no room separate compartment for lipstick! what good is it?

somebody really needs to come up with a girl bag :p

it is beautiful, though, off to see if it comes in black (i would get this colour filthy immediately).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Lipstick goes in the back zippered pocket. Just in case it melts it won't damage the gear. I vote for black too

Guy Mancuso

Oh you need the Diva bag no question . LOL

Fogg really does make wonderful bags and they are built very well but they are not the cheapest ones on the shelf either. They are expensive but will last a lifetime with care

Guy Mancuso

I use a backpack all the time for my gear itself. The MBP I carry separate because I don't always shoot with it and why have a slot that is not being used just adds bulk but it does solve the travel issue. Went back and forth on these thoughts a million times. I do have a Lowe Pro that I do like a lot now. Called a Primus AW http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/496002-REG/Lowepro_LP35091_PEU_Primus_AW_Backpack_Black_.html

But if you want a really nice backpack that can hold a laptop I always liked the Kata 667 and it is not expensive

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._DR_467_BR_DR_467_Digital_Rucksack_Black.html

Neither one screams camera gear inside please steal me because I like to look expensive. Problem with Fogg is thieves know what is inside. Like a silver Haliburton case.