The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Before my eyes give up...

rayyan

After considerable to and fro, decided not buy any lenses for the Nikon or the Fuji.

In the bag shall be my ME. And the cron 28 asph, the lux 50 asph, and the macro
elmar-m 90mm.

The X-T1 with the Fuji 35/1.4 and a m-mount adapter. Just in case :)

Oh, yes, we are off to China shortly :D

The wife shall take the train trip to Tibet and go the Everest Base Camp.

Since I cannot trek that high, I shall explore some wonderful cultural sites...at my leisure...
At sensible altitudes. And where cars can go.

Godfrey

After considerable to and fro, decided not buy any lenses for the Nikon or the Fuji.

In the bag shall be my ME. And the cron 28 asph, the lux 50 asph, and the macro
elmar-m 90mm.

The X-T1 with the Fuji 35/1.4 and a m-mount adapter. Just in case :)

Oh, yes, we are off to China shortly :D

The wife shall take the train trip to Tibet and go the Everest Base Camp.

Since I cannot trek that high, I shall explore some wonderful cultural sites...at my leisure...
At sensible altitudes. And where cars can go.
Sounds like a wonderful trip with just a wee bit more photo gear than you really need, but who cares? Have a great one! and make great photos!

G

rayyan

Our travel agent called us from Beijing..

Due to the earthquake in Nepal, which has affected parts of Tibet, he is not sure
if Tibet shall be open for tourists when my wife is booked for her trip..:mad:

This involves me making plans to include her on my leisurely trip..which might not be so leisurely after all..

Any rugged mountainous regions and or river crossings and the like, I shall have to rethink my equipment.

Best regards.

Gbealnz

I did wonder when I read your first post. I'd say it might be a while before any of this area is suitable for visitors.

A shame, such devastation.
Gary

rayyan

Yes Gary. A very tragic disaster..in terms of human life and then property, including important historical monuments.

Best regards .

I did wonder when I read your first post. I'd say it might be a while before any of this area is suitable for visitors.

A shame, such devastation.
Gary

Godfrey

I'd not been up to date on the earthquake in Nepal until last night. Ach, a terrible thing—the dragon has stirred and taken another bite. Nothing to be done but cope with it.

Yes, it will mess up your plans. Nothing to be done about it, just adapt and soldier on.

G

rayyan

Before my eyes give up and considering the regulations on China domestic flights
I shall be carrying 2 leica Ms. Plus one extra battery.

And two lenses..cron 35 asph, cron 75 apo...ME and M8..35/50/75/90.

One cam and a lens in the carry-on.

Tripod in checked in luggage.

One cam and 75 over the shoulder; as per regulations.

Filters, extra battery, cleaning cloth, spare specs, toothpick, meds, cc, passports,
itineraries, ipod, iphone, headphones all fit in this..+ cable release.

Dusted off my M8 and tested with the 75..seems to be working as shown above.

rayyan

Before my eyes give up...

China, ME, Lux 50 asph...

The official photogs had long white lenses..very long, very big..threatening; the lenses and the photogs.

Nothing like a Leica to make your day, eh?

rayyan

Grand parks. Wonderfully sculptured. Spotlessly clean.

Anytime is a good time to visit the parks.

But early morning...another world unfolds. One can't help but join in..

rayyan

The very ancient town of Lijiang, Yunnan Province. The Jade Snow Dragon Mountain forms the backdrop for this image.

rayyan

I would ( and did ) go out and photograph rather than write open ( or closed ) letters to any camera manufacturer. And shall waste my time on photographing what interests me with what equipment I have.

A girl from the Naxi tribe in the Yunnan Province.

rayyan

Jorgen, Dan, ceh...thanks for the likes guys. Much appreciated.

My hotel was located inside the Old Town of Lijiang. Really a beautiful town. A UNESCO World Heritage Site..the whole ancient town.

How I got to take the shot below is a story in itself. Very funny. Anyway, they were filming for a movie or a television show, when I walked in..dressed in my long white robe..heck I was in my hotel!!

After considerable amicable sign language, I was allowed to take a few shots. The female actress did not approve of me nor of me taking photographs on the set.

I don't blame her..the sight of me would put anyone off:D