The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New Monochrom at ISO 12,500 photos...

animefx

I think I'll be ordering one as soon as I can get enough money together... eBay is calling me.

V

Vivek

Indeed. I can certainly understand why Animefx is calculating and plotting what to sell to generate the cash. :)

DavidE

I didn't think I would be interested in the new Monochrom, since I already have the older CCD-based version.

These photos have changed my mind.

I figured that the CMOS sensor would let you go to higher ISOs, but I had no idea how clean and noise-free the files would be.

That's amazing quality for ISO 12,500.

Godfrey

The possibilities for pinhole work are very appealing!
Dang, I almost pushed the button on the pre-order right there...

G

algrove

If they have one in place for trading the old M9M for the new M246, the old one probably must exhibit sensor problems. I could be mistaken, but that seems to make sense.

V

Vivek

I would keep it at MM and MM2. :) Brevity in Leica lenses ought to extend to the names of a camera and not this stupid as$ typ768, etc.

The MM coverglass can be easily damaged with a spit polish. ;)

aDam007

I just ran through some shots with other cameras that I've taken at 6400/12800 converted straight to BW (by desaturation in LR, some pushed a stop, some naturally that high in iso), and from what samples I've seen (thanks to some DPI members), the M246 looks a bit better the higher it goes (10 cameras sampled). Not by much, but enough to be proud of Leica right now considering the other cameras I looked at in the test (as not to start a brand war, let's just say I've owned some good high ISO cameras in the last few years).

Still trying to convince myself not to buy it!!

Tim

To be honest I wish they would make a Monochrom X2. I'd more likely be able to afford it.

Sigh, I can only hope Ricoh will make a B/W GR