The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New website!

vieri

Hello everyone, I finally completed a very long due update to my website :D much of the stuff in there has been shot with an M8, so I thought I'd post the announcement here for those interested:

http://www.madshutter.com

C&C are, as always, very welcome!

vieri

Very nice work, Vieri. A little slow loading though.

I very much liked Tough Lives, Prisoners and Land in BW
Hello Simon,

thanks for the comment - I am glad you enjoyed the images, as far as the loading, I did some more optimization (.swf now down to 100 KB - pics 20% lighter) and I think it's now working better & faster. I also did some changes in the image series & adjustments in the layout which, I think, are better looking than before... :D thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Some really beautiful work there. The site's initial page loaded quickly and began an automated showing that seemed to work well. It slowed down quite a bit though when I selected one of the categories like Doors and Locks or Walls (my personal favorites). Some of that might be happening because there are so many images in some of the categories.

If the primary goal is to invite commercial assignments, it might work better if the images presented were just enough to pique the curiosity. Tease a little bit by offering a taste of your best work, leaving a prospective client hungry for more and inspire them to make the call (or email). Just a thought.

Very impressive body of work, well done.

D

DougDolde

I have Sprint Wireless Broadband. Just before the time of my post.

vieri

Some really beautiful work there. The site's initial page loaded quickly and began an automated showing that seemed to work well. It slowed down quite a bit though when I selected one of the categories like Doors and Locks or Walls (my personal favorites). Some of that might be happening because there are so many images in some of the categories.

If the primary goal is to invite commercial assignments, it might work better if the images presented were just enough to pique the curiosity. Tease a little bit by offering a taste of your best work, leaving a prospective client hungry for more and inspire them to make the call (or email). Just a thought.

Very impressive body of work, well done.
Thank you very much for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated - I think I have to edit out some more, you are right; the thing with series like doors &/or walls is that I wouldn't want to give the impression I took a snap of a door or two and post them pretending to have a "project", if you know what I mean, this is why I loaded it so much :D The slowness depends I guess part on the number of images, because the flash tends to load them before starting the show, and might as well depend on the images size, which can probably be tuned down a bit too - on a 1024x768 they fill the screen, it could probably use slightly smaller pics anyway. Thank you very much again for the help! :D

I have Sprint Wireless Broadband. Just before the time of my post.
Hmm - well, I have a meager DSL here in Turkey (not the fastest country in the world as far as internet access) and it work good enough - probably it all boils down to what one's expectations are regarding to speed :D I will try and make it faster, thanks for the help!

vieri

Well done... Grat images...
Loads fine in Arizona...
Thank you James! I just uploaded a new(er) & fast(er) version, for the non-Arizonians who had troubles with the site's speed (or lack thereof)... Thanks again, glad you enjoyed :D