The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica X 113 - Visoflex 020 GPS help

sjg284

I've had the X about 3 weeks, and the EVF for the last few days.

So far I have been unable to get a GPS signal of any sort.
I have gone out of my way to be outdoors with the camera, with clear sky views for extended periods (over 15min) on multiple occasions, in multiple locations, and so far no good.

I even set my camera to stay awake for 15min, and ran through my battery (and bought a second) trying to get a GPS lock.
Tried mounting & dismounting EVF, turning camera on/off, turning GPS setting on/off.
All I get is the satellite with exclamation point (no GPS signal) icon.

From what I read, I understand the initial GPS sync may take longer (15min) and subsequently each time you turn on camera maybe 1-2 minutes..

So am I missing something?
May I have a defective unit?
Has anyone with the X 113 & Visoflex 020 had any GPS luck?

It's firmware bug. I got this confirmed with Leica support @Germany. I knew it wasfirnware in advance since nobody else had it working either, but figured it's better to open a ticket anyway to put pressure on fixing it.

//Juha

sjg284

Hmm, that's a shame.. or reassuring, not really sure.
I'm guessing they've not sold many EVFs to X113 users, so it's not quite on the top of their list.
I was surprised it's been on the market 6+ months and had 0 firmware updates, but then again it is Leica.

For a $600 accessory, you'd hope that both of its 2 functions (EVF + GPS) actually worked, even if buggy. For one not to work at all is sort of appalling.

Godfrey

It's a bug for sure. I filed that and four other minor bugs last fall within a week of buying my X. They don't stop me from enjoying the camera, but it would be nice if Leica would get around to putting out a firmware update.

I've found several bugs in the current Leica M-P type 240 firmware as well, one also to do with the GPS functionality. It doesn't get in my way either, it's just a minor annoyance.

G