The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elmar-M 24 Problem

JohnBrew

Using the lens hood, I'm getting shading on the image area where the sun would hit the inside of the hood. With more of the sun in the image the shading becomes a nasty rose' color. Shooting directly into the sun there are no problems. Can anyone give me a good reason for this?
I've attached two examples.
The vignetting tool in ACR will get rid of most of it but even so there remains a vestige of the shading. I've not run into this problem before so maybe it is the angle of the sun?

Last edited:

iiiNelson

From my experiences the 24 Elmar was pretty even across the frame at all apertures from what I remember. Are you using a lens profile? Is your camera set to auto profile and not manually compensating for a different lens?

seakayaker

John, I have the 24 Elmar and have not noticed the problem you describe.

I love the lens and very happy with the images it can produce.

JohnBrew

Thanks for the replies. So I checked my camera and it is listing the correct lens in the "info". However, somehow the 24 EXIF information is not being picked up by PS6 or ACR. I just checked my other lenses and they are fine. First I'll try cleaning the contacts and see if that fixes it. I've never run into this problem before.

Last edited: