The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica Q

D&A

Both lovely and tummy Aswin...a perfect combination of image presentation. I agree with those that see the similarities of M9 output with those from the Q. I think this was a conscious effort on the part of Leica. Very nice!

Dave (D&A)

jonoslack

Lovely pictures Ashwin
I'm really glad you're enjoying it . . . how does it compare to your Sony R1?
Here are a couple from China:

Mist over the tea fields of Longjing

Handwashing

Chris C

Also - I feel a bit daft even asking this; does the camera have a histogram? I've not seen it referenced, and didn't spot it in Mr. Huff's scroll through the settings in his video. Hopefully I've missed it?

......... Chris
I feel even dafter quoting myself, but could someone please answer my above question? I, and my third person would be very grateful.

.......... Chris

JPL

Hi,
Yes, there is a histogram to be displayed, it is located in the upper left corner....

Have since some hours... Really impressed :)

All the best...
JPH

Jono: nice work as usual.

Ashwin: truly magical stuff! The photos are just oozing of great moments with the family. I like these kind of great moment photos. And the PP done is just perfect as well, suites the atmosphere.

Keep the photos coming, both of you.

//Juha

So what are the odds that we see a Panasonic version of this camera down the line? An LX Uber as it would seem. Why else would Panasonic seemingly contribute so much to this home run if it's just for Leica? I could see it going either way, but generally here's hoping. Bet it'd be $2499.

iiiNelson

So what are the odds that we see a Panasonic version of this camera down the line? An LX Uber as it would seem. Why else would Panasonic seemingly contribute so much to this home run if it's just for Leica? I could see it going either way, but generally here's hoping. Bet it'd be $2499.
A Panasonic with a 40/1.7 or 40/2 would be a spiritual successor to the Leica CL... Or a a spiritual successor and FF GF1.

A Panasonic with a 40/1.7 or 40/2 would be a spiritual successor to the Leica CL... Or a a spiritual successor and FF GF1.
As a happy owner of the Voigtlander 40mm f2 Ultron for Nikon, a Panasonic Q with a 40/2 would be an amazing camera. I can't see how they'd do that to Leica though haha.

Photon42

As a happy owner of the Voigtlander 40mm f2 Ultron for Nikon, a Panasonic Q with a 40/2 would be an amazing camera. I can't see how they'd do that to Leica though haha.
As a happy owner of a 40mm you clearly need something else now - how about a 28mm??? :D