The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica Q

m_driscoll

Roma, 6/24/2015

1/800s @ f/1.7, 0 EV, ISO 100

1/125s @ f/5.6, 0 EV, ISO 100

1/250s @ f/5.6, -1-1/3 EV, ISO 100

1/60s @ f/5.6, 0 EV, ISO 160

1/60s @ f/5.6, 0 EV, ISO 1250

1/60s @ f/5.6, -1-1/3 EV, ISO 1000

Arrivederci

barjohn

Just purchased a Q today from an eBay seller that was located nearby and he delivered the camera to me this morning. Just starting to get to know the camera and so far I am really liking it. Here is a quick snap of my lady after she reluctantly posed for me in the kitchen. The high contrast exposure and highlight recovery as well as shadow recovery was nothing short of amazing. I also included a macro shot of a flower while testing macro mode.

Attachments

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Just purchased a Q today from an eBay seller that was located nearby and he delivered the camera to me this morning. Just starting to get to know the camera and so far I am really liking it. Here is a quick snap of my lady after she reluctantly posed for me in the kitchen. The high contrast explore and highlight recovery as well as shadow recovery was nothing short of amazing. I also included a macro shot of a flower while testing macro mode.
Congrats on finally getting it. It's such a great camera and goes nearly everywhere with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Matt, great to see you in the fold!

barjohn

Thanks Ashwin, and thanks for your earlier help, even though it helped someone else, you tried and I appreciate it!

I am pleased and amazed that Leica finally got AF right. It is very fast, beating out the EM-5II in my stop watch timing test and that is something. Low light performance appears to be very good too. Dynamic range and recovery are the best I have seen, I think beating out the A7II which is pretty darn good.

As you have had the camera a bit longer, is there anyway when reviewing images in the camera to switch between images at magnification, i.e. without going back to unmagnified view in between? I tried swiping, the thumb wheel and the arrows and nothing seemed to let me change images.

m_driscoll

Lurking and a snap shot walking into the camera store.

1/125s @ f/1.7, -1/3 EV, ISO 640

1/3200s @ f/1.7, ISO 100

Cheers.

m_driscoll

Ashwin: Thanks. I'm slow at post-processing, but I really like the camera!

Roma, 6/25/2015

1/200s @ f/5, -1-1/3 EV, ISO 100

1/250s @ f/4.5, ISO 100

1/100s @ f/5, -1 EV, ISO 100

Cheers,

ashwinrao1

Ashwin, Great Images.

I recognized you at the steakhouse last night and wanted to ask you about how you're liking the Leica Q.

Best, Derek
Ha, that is great, Derek. You should have swung by to say hi. I am loving the Q. The steaks were so filling that I went on a beach walk and took those pics to walk off the steak :). The Q is a great companion as such :)

ashwinrao1

These are quite good Ashwin. Great colors here and I'm loving the composition on that first photo especially.

Have you found you have to tone down the orange saturation a bit on the Q? I got mine yesterday and find I need to reduce it a bit but haven't really figured out the sweet spot. -11 orange saturation in LR... What do you use?
So sorry for the delay. Just saw your post. Yes,skin tones can get a bit orange in certain light. I drop the saturation to -10, bump luminance +5, and adjust the hue a bit. Sometimes I just the brush to add a bit of cooler temp...