The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica Q

m_driscoll

Roma, Campo di Fiori, 6/25/2015

1/40s @ f/5, ISO 6400

1/40s @ f/5, -1/3 EV, ISO 6400

1/30s @ f/5.6, -1/3 EV, ISO 6400

Arrivederci

Doc Wing

Hi everyone - lovely to be able to post some pictures at long last.

So - let's get this started.

Here are a couple of pictures from China

scrambling on an un-restored part of the great wall

LongJing tea fields
Venezia, 7/2/2015

1/1000s @ f/2.5, ISO 100

1/800s @ f/2.2, ISO 100

1/400s @ f/1.7, ISO 100

Arrivederci

Nice work!

Here are a few from Portugal that I hope you all enjoy.

The first is of a beach in Figeira Do Paz

Resize Fiogueira De Foz Beach Pics03.jpg

The second is of a magical eve of music at a wonderful restaurant in Coimbra.

Resize Magic at Pasporte Restaurant03.jpg

The third is of a lovely home in Obidos.

[/ATTACH]Resize Posada de Castelo & Its Wall11.jpg

barjohn

Here are a few shots taken at the beach yesterday just before sunset and one taken with the macro setting in my home. They show one of the favorite beach activities for which southern California is famous!

Attachments

m_driscoll

Civita di Bagnoregio, 6/26/2015

1/320s @ f/8, ISO 100

1/400s @ f/5.6, ISO 100

1/125s @ f/16, ISO 100

1/400s @ f/8, ISO 100

Arrivederci

Last edited:

Paratom

Here are a few shots taken at the beach yesterday just before sunset and one taken with the macro setting in my home. They show one of the favorite beach activities for which southern California is famous!
I like #5. Did you see the iphone?

Thanks for all the posts! After reviewing the thread I can see that this lens & sensor are way too contrasty and saturated to make my style of photograph. If Leica's goal was to come as close as they could to the look of Kodachrome, then it's quite a success. But if you liked Vericolor or Portra or a gentler palette, then the Q doesn't look like a good choice. I'd have to post-process to remove what it seems to do best!

Kirk

m_driscoll

Kirk,

That's not the camera. It's the post-processing. I can see that I'm getting a bit carried away with the software. I do it late at night on a 5k iMac listening to the Grateful Dead. :toocool:

Cheers, Matt

No, Matt, I didn't mean you in particular! I sat down tonight to go through the thread start-to-finish, to try to take an overview.

But I do agree that the the Q palette reminds me more of the G Dead than of a Bach fugue. :toocool:

Kirk

m_driscoll

No problem. I still believe it's the player, not the instrument. Again, I am prone to excessive contrast. I reprocessed the four above. I'm looking forward to a Lightroom profile of the Q. I have another 2,000 photos from Italy to process, so, I'll get plenty of plenty of practice. I think Jono's, Kristian Dowling's and Ming Thien's are more Bach then Classic Rock.

Cheers, Matt