The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica Q

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
My brother-in-law got a Q to play with. I took this portrait of him at lunch. The Leica Look!
(SilverFX, too) What a great little camera!

--Matt

retow

A road trip with the Q in the Lower Engadin, a long valley in the Alps located southeast of Switzerland.

L1010322.jpg

L1010338.jpg

L1010343.jpg

L1010359.jpg

L1010390.jpg

L1010406.jpg

Retow, nice photos. Though 3rd pic and last pic oof areas are little worrying, they look a little plasticky.. how much did you sharpen the photos in pp?

Thanks,
Juha

retow

Sharpening 40, Details 33 in LR 5.7.1. The files require very little sharpening, comparable to the M9. Colors are quite punchy, a little too much so for my liking. I played around with the files again and realized that the oof areas look better if not too much contrast is added.

animefx

These are quite good Ashwin. Great colors here and I'm loving the composition on that first photo especially.

Have you found you have to tone down the orange saturation a bit on the Q? I got mine yesterday and find I need to reduce it a bit but haven't really figured out the sweet spot. -11 orange saturation in LR... What do you use?

animefx

Received my Leica Q yesterday and had a few hours to play with it. So far, so good. I really enjoy this camera. I shot a lot of frames and the camera did lock up on me on 2 separate occasions so badly that turning it "off" didn't work. I had to remove the battery. Anyway, hopefully a firmware update adds a histogram that we can see while changing exposure compensation. I would also love it the AF points where about half the size they currently are... Sometimes focusing on a face focuses on the nose rather than the eye. Orange tones are a bit high so they should tweak that as well, but maybe the official Lightroom profile will help with this.

This photo I shot at f/1.7 with a very minor crop. Focus is right on the money with her eyes and there is enough depth of field to get most of her hair in focus as well. ISO 3,200 pushed to ISO 5,000 in post with zero noise reduction...

Wavy

Doc Wing

Great pics

Here are a few from the weekend.Walk Falls.jpgFrom Above.jpgRezize wall.jpgFesize dog.jpg

All were taken at Stoney Brook State Park in the Dansville are. OPEN TO FEEDBACK AND CRITICISM