The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica Q

tashley

Subscriber Member
I have a Mac Book Pro which downloads SD cards very quickly. I was looking for some way to go straight to my iPad Pro for those occasions when I don't have my laptop with me.

-Bill
Apple now do a USB 3 speed card to lightening reader.

ohnri

Apple now do a USB 3 speed card to lightening reader.
Oh, I had to do some digging to find out what you were referring to!

I believe the one I ordered is the USB 3 version but I won't be certain until the package arrives.

How on earth did you even discover this? Never mind, but thanks again for letting me know!

-Bill

tashley

Subscriber Member
Oh, I had to do some digging to find out what you were referring to!

I believe the one I ordered is the USB 3 version but I won't be certain until the package arrives.

How on earth did you even discover this? Never mind, but thanks again for letting me know!

-Bill
A lot of trial and a LOT of error.....

RMR

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116038&d=1453923824&thumb=1&stc=1

THE ETHER DOME....
is a surgical operating amphitheater in the Bulfinch Building at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. It served as the hospital's operating room from its opening in 1821 until 1867. It was the site of the first public demonstration of the use of inhaled ether as a surgical anesthetic on 16 October 1846.
I brought my LQ with me hoping that while I was at the hospital this week for an annual that the room would not be in use so I could go in and take some photos. It is a very cool place with a lot of history and one that folks should visit if ever at MGH.
Leica Q, 28mm, f5.6, iso1600, 1/40sec handheld

Attachments

Viramati

Inspired by this fantastic quote from the Saul Leiter exhibition at the Photographers Gallery
'Photographs are often treated as important moments, but really they are little fragments and souvenirs of an unfinished world'

Caught in time by Viramati, on Flickr

scott kirkpatrick

the Leica wins. Great lens too, though a lot of that is software - and by my calculation from looking at the files in RAW Digger, by the time the camera has made the lens corrections, you're not getting 24mp but 21.5mp interpolated upwards.
Tim, would you mind sharing a Q raw file, preferably something colorful like your first shot? I'll look at it in Capture One, which makes the interpolation process more explicit and can modify it. My hunch is that with the barrel distortion that you find in the Q (and the 24mm end of the SL's Vario-Elmarit, where I have tried this), you are bringing in information from outside the original 28 mm frame, then correcting everything to get the lines straight, then following the "Adobe procedure," which sets a goal of saving exactly 6000x4000 interpolated pixels. But in C1 there are other choices possible.

scott

biglouis

First time I've used the Q in a couple of weeks. Miserable day, weather wise. This was also the first time I used the macro setting on the lens. I love the 1.7ness of this lens.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
In Québec City with my daughter. It was a brisk -10˚C. Here she is reclining on a bench made of ice. Tight crop.

--Matt

atanabe

The Q replaced my X2 as my everyday, take anywhere camera. I have been so impressed, it just may supplant my M. The 28 is very sharp, I can spot the distinctive signature out of the others.

Attachments

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I do love my Q . But I find the images somewhat too perfect , too clean .
So I decided to try some "rework" , using ON1 PHOTO SUITE , PSCS and also NIK COLOR EFEX .
I hope you like what I did .

Q.@.MOOR.030.ON1.EFFECT.SQUARE.17x17 Kopie.jpg

@.MOOR.040 Kopie copy.17x17 Kopie.jpg

@.MOOR.031 copy copy.SQUARE copy.17x17 Kopie.jpg

@.MOOR.077.SQUARE 17x17.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I really have to stop taking pictures out my window, but often enough the light is striking. In particular, this evokes childhood for me in a way I'm still trying to explain. f/2, 1/25s, ISO 3200.

--Matt

(I had a loaner SL for the weekend, but the lens was seriously out of alignment. :mad: )

Last edited: