The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any US Dealers getting their Second Shipment of Q's?

barjohn

It seems most US dealers got a few cameras in their first shipment and it would seem logical that they should be getting their second shipment by now. Has anyone heard whether any dealers have received their second shipment or when it might arrive? THX

JorisV

Good question. I ordered on the 10th and my dealer basically is unable to tell me whether it will take another 2 weeks or another 6 weeks.

They have no visibility whatsoever on the deliveries and the quantities coming their way.

They are also unwilling to tell me how many people are in front of me on the list which I personally find rather patronizing.

I am not really a happy camper..., not happy with the dealer and not happy with Leica...

Sorry for the rant...

barjohn

I spoke with several dealers today where I have pre-orders. They have been receiving some cameras but they play favorites. I was second on a list and suddenly I am 4th on the same dealer's list. When I pointed out the discrepancy between today and a few days ago the salesman said well it depended on whether he went from the top of the list or the bottom so I was either 2nd or 4th. Dealers are receiving a few cameras but providing them to favored customers first no matter when you placed your order. :)

JorisV

Unfortunately I would not be surprised if that truly were happening.

Perhaps I should go back to ordering from B&H... I believe things like that are less likely to happen with them.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

The local Bellevue Leica store did receive a second allocation of 7-8 Q's, though I am fairly certain that all have been accounted for.

ashwinrao1

FYI. Glazers Camera in Seattle has at least 1 Leica Q available as of 7/1@ 5 pm PST. Call 206-624-1100 and ask to speak with Mark Vercammen or Dante Schultz. Tell them Ashwin sent you....by the way, i have no benefit from sharing this info other than general good will :)

THe Q rocks. It should be in more hands!

mezzoduomo

FYI. Glazers Camera in Seattle has at least 1 Leica Q available as of 7/1@ 5 pm PST. Call 206-624-1100 and ask to speak with Mark Vercammen or Dante Schultz. Tell them Ashwin sent you....by the way, i have no benefit from sharing this info other than general good will :)

THe Q rocks. It should be in more hands!
I bought this one. Thx, Ashwin!! Your name opens doors with these guys!

barjohn

Any one find any Q's anywhere? There have been some strange sales on eBay and Amazon is showing Q's at $7k which is crazy.

barjohn

Yesterday, I received an email from B&H stating:

"Please be advised that the LEICA Q (TYP 116) DIG CAMERA - BLACK you have on backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse 3 to 5 weeks. As soon as we receive it from the vendor/manufacturer we will promptly ship it to you. We apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience."

Today I received an email from B& H Stating:

"Please be advised that the LEICA Q (TYP 116) DIG CAMERA - BLACK you have on backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse in 4 to 8 weeks. As soon as we receive it from the vendor/manufacturer we will promptly ship it to you. We apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience."

It seems that they can't get their facts straight and it is as if my priority in their due changed.