The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noob Corner

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Guy,
You and Jack are killing me with the talk about what you will be teaching in the workshop. I could not attend the Yosemite workshop because an employee got sick and I will be missing the Moab trip because my wife is due on Feb 24 with our first child.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Joseph!

A new child arriving is certainly a good reason to stay near home! We will be doing several more workshop this year, and the next one will probably be late March in Carmel, more heavily weighted to Photoshop and printing over shooting. Then after that, probably in late April, a street shooting excursion to San Juan (specifically Old San Juan), Puerto Rico :thumbs:

Cheers,

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Contrary to opinion here, when exposure gets tricky, I tend to use an incident light meter. I have a little Sekonic one which slips into the flash shoe.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
California is the location and it will be a shooting , raw processing AND printing workshop. We may go 4 days on this one. We are still talking on how we want to do this but Printing is a big part of it

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy,
You and Jack are killing me with the talk about what you will be teaching in the workshop. I could not attend the Yosemite workshop because an employee got sick and I will be missing the Moab trip because my wife is due on Feb 24 with our first child.
We are going to get you there yet. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
Are you talking about Carmel California? I hope so because Carmel is practically our second home.
Indeed I am! Shooting at Point Lobos and maybe the tide pools and rocks in Pacific Grove. Street opportunity and good food and drink at Cannery Row. The advantage is all driving is close to the workshop, so we can shoot and get to the classroom without burning a lot of time. Probably will hold it at a hotel in Marina since it's easier to find conference facilities there than in a Carmel B&B, not to mention less costly per night. But we'll offer a few options and see what the group prefers re accommodations.

The major problem with this particular venue is we lose all the golfers to Pebble or Spanish Bay :ROTFL:

Cheers,