The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's Jono?

algrove

To steal a rhetorical device or two

People are saying that he is testing an interchangeable-lens Q system.
I've been hearing that it now sports a 52MP sensor, and has good noise control up to ISO 20,480.
As everyone knows, it shots 8K video @ 120fps.
I heard the maximum ISO is 21,482

scott kirkpatrick

He posts occasionally on Facebook. I confess to complete inability to find stuff that is already there, but I do get an alert to the "followers" from time to time. Rather than Ghost Ranch, he called in from Houston TX recently. Go figure. I think it had something to do with work. Probably piling up some cash for the next model, which starts at just a few tens of 1000 GBP.

scott

V

Vivek

With over a million corrupt officials locked up in China, who is going to buy those? :confused:

jonoslack

So.....in the absence of anything M-oriented at Photokina this year, I thought it might be fun to resurrect this old thread ;)

Where are you Jono?!

Mike
I'm here (in Suffolk)!
And neglecting old (and best) friends!
This morning I was in Cornwall - 3 weeks ago I was in Crete, and in two weeks we're heading for Madeira for a few days

How Are You?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Relieved that you are well and have the good sense to avoid all the excitement about the Mirrorless MF cameras.

Rumor had you in Texas ... I was ready to drive and meet up for a Pint or two ....

Glad your are out and enjoying the sun before the winter cloaks Cornwall ... a few good days of light
a month ... excepting your kitchen ... I suspect there are permanent Profoto lights just out of sight .....

And yes your presence here ... or absence thereof has been felt.

Regards,

Bob

jonoslack

Relieved that you are well and have the good sense to avoid all the excitement about the Mirrorless MF cameras.

Rumor had you in Texas ... I was ready to drive and meet up for a Pint or two ....

Glad your are out and enjoying the sun before the winter cloaks Cornwall ... a few good days of light
a month ... excepting your kitchen ... I suspect there are permanent Profoto lights just out of sight .....

And yes your presence here ... or absence thereof has been felt.

Regards,

Bob
HI There Bob
It would have been lovely to meet up with you in Houston . . . But Deloitte wanted all my time, and escape would have been difficult . . . I did do some snapping with my Leica T though . . .

http://adobe.ly/2bWBw7h

Hopefully the link works

All the very best

jonoslack

Hi There. . . And thank you
Mike, Dave, Lou, Bob, Steve, Keith, Vivek, Bart and Scott.

Your concern is much appreciated - I'm well thank you - and very busy - Steve, that 64mp interchangeable lens Q with the maximum IQ of 24,500 is taking up a lot of my time at the moment!

Godfrey

Hi There. . . And thank you
Mike, Dave, Lou, Bob, Steve, Keith, Vivek, Bart and Scott.

Your concern is much appreciated - I'm well thank you - and very busy - Steve, that 64mp interchangeable lens Q with the maximum IQ of 24,500 is taking up a lot of my time at the moment!
Well DANG Jono ... I just thought you were hiding out for the fun of it. :cool:
Good that all's well. Now get less busy and waste some time in the forum. :angel:

G

Mike Woods

I'm here (in Suffolk)!
And neglecting old (and best) friends!
This morning I was in Cornwall - 3 weeks ago I was in Crete, and in two weeks we're heading for Madeira for a few days

How Are You?
Yay, sorry to have flushed you out of hiding, but glad to hear you're well and travelling! I was in Madeira last year....I remember looking round the plane as I stowed my hand luggage and guessed the average age was about 103 :) Seems to attract old types :eek:

All the best, and glad you haven't broken any NDA again..... :(
Mike

jonoslack

I guess it is worth the try...

The old Leica T or the new Leica T...?
Hi There Joris
The old T - I haven't seen any signs of a new T other than the rumour sites which say it's called TL.

The old one was rather revolutionised with the new firmware.

best

jonoslack

Yay, sorry to have flushed you out of hiding, but glad to hear you're well and travelling! I was in Madeira last year....I remember looking round the plane as I stowed my hand luggage and guessed the average age was about 103 :) Seems to attract old types :eek:

All the best, and glad you haven't broken any NDA again..... :(
Mike
Actually, we only chose Madeira because we had to move an easyjet flight, and we thought a bit of sunshine might be nice before the winter. . . . . and perhaps some walking as well!

We must be at least 103, so we'll fit right in :ROTFL:

Mike Woods

Actually, we only chose Madeira because we had to move an easyjet flight, and we thought a bit of sunshine might be nice before the winter. . . . . and perhaps some walking as well!

We must be at least 103, so we'll fit right in :ROTFL:
Its a great walking destination. Enjoy! Oh, and pay attention to the plane landing at the airport..... interesting location

Mike