The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's Jono?

Godfrey

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Oren!

And thanks Jono for the best write up on any new camera you test! I have to say, I appreciate and learn more from reading your "non-technical" review than I do from reading a dozen so-called reviews from other sources. :)

G
+1 Jono produces articles and photos that make me want to buy a Leica, particularly this one which seems to be an excellent model.

marlof

Well done Jono. I'm always happy to catch your writing and photographs. And give my love to the Wookiee, which makes any image look great.

wattsy

Here's my version - FWIW - now it's nearly 3
Love those first two photos you posted (mystery morning and kitchen). Nice relaxing looking kitchen (and a decent size I guess – if I used my 90 Macro to take a photo in my poxy kitchen I'd do well to get much more in than someone's eyeball).;)

uhoh7

Very Nice, Jono :)

That they have managed to make ISO6400 like M240 ISO1600 is very substantial. And the ergos seem so nice. :)

I hear the small FF L mount is actually in the works. Are they that smart?

jonoslack

Very Nice, Jono :)

That they have managed to make ISO6400 like M240 ISO1600 is very substantial. And the ergos seem so nice. :)

I hear the small FF L mount is actually in the works. Are they that smart?
They are actually quite smart - but I've no idea whether a FF L mount is in the works (but I certainly do hope so!)

uhoh7

They are actually quite smart - but I've no idea whether a FF L mount is in the works (but I certainly do hope so!)
You are my favorite Leica representative, and I think I'm not alone.

I do think the M10 should be either lighter, or have a black paint option, but when I was pursuing this, I ran into Esparzo's review of M9 Titan where the weight was claimed to be 330 grams.

Ha! I thought. Jono, said it couldn't be lighter!

Well, apparently the M9 titan is 20 grams at most lighter than M9, or even heavier, I cannot tell. So there goes that theory! ;)

Does anyone know the real weight of the Titan? And why it came in heavier than anticipated? You know, besides, they couldn't do it! :angry:

The M262 changed the brass top plate no?

BTW I love the M10, only picking nits for fun here.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Nice writeup! I miss my M9 + WATE and 35/2A... itching to get an M10 and maybe a gen4 35/2 to complement my Nikon setup. That M6/M7 body form factor is a big deal. The Astia-like color also doesn't hurt one bit!

JeffSD

Thank you, Jono for the excellent write-up on the M10.

Reading a clear, insightful assessment of the camera, from someone whose top priority is making outstanding photographs, is most helpful.

scott kirkpatrick

I think it is time to bring this thread back to life. :p
Whatever makes you say that? Perhaps you have been reading the rumors about the XL (or "CL = Clooney") -- APS-C with TL mount but more conventional controls and a built-in EVF? You don't suppose Jono has been stalking the cliffs in Crete and Cornwall with one of those, now??

KeithL

He's testing the new sans rangefinder M series based body with built in EVF from the SL.

Oh, no, wait a minute, that was just last night's dream...