The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's Jono?

jonoslack

Quite agree Bart
. . and with that much space he could ask both of us to dinner!
by the way - I'll be in Holland - fancy dinner in Bergen op Zoom on Tuesday night?

scott kirkpatrick

The T and the S have been sorta neglected recently. I see a lot of (very nice) lenses currently on EBay or at stores that I trust, for relatively reasonable prices. I picked up the three TL zooms over the past year for use with the SL for 4K video, and they are outstanding! Even with only 10MPx behind them in the center of the SL, the wide and the telephoto zooms for the T stand up well against my R lenses for the full frame. So I am looking forward to seeing how they perform with 24 MPx behind them. If you still have the TL2 that you reviewed last summer, could you share some? Particularly with the 11-23, as the 55-135 proved itself just fine in your "always on the phone" series. If we don't have some pictures to think about, I don't see how we can keep this thread going for another 10 days.

scott

jonoslack

The T and the S have been sorta neglected recently. I see a lot of (very nice) lenses currently on EBay or at stores that I trust, for relatively reasonable prices. I picked up the three TL zooms over the past year for use with the SL for 4K video, and they are outstanding! Even with only 10MPx behind them in the center of the SL, the wide and the telephoto zooms for the T stand up well against my R lenses for the full frame. So I am looking forward to seeing how they perform with 24 MPx behind them. If you still have the TL2 that you reviewed last summer, could you share some? Particularly with the 11-23, as the 55-135 proved itself just fine in your "always on the phone" series. If we don't have some pictures to think about, I don't see how we can keep this thread going for another 10 days.

scott
I quite agree Scott. Those are fine lenses. I woukd think that now might be a fine time to get some of them at a good price.

I’ll try and dig out some snaps, but I seem to be rather busy!

That time of year... Quite entertaining watching people trying to yank info out of jono. Time to break out the :watch: and ejoy the show!

scott kirkpatrick

Just bought another TL lens for less than half its original price. Good for video, and I bet that the CL will be a very usable light street shooter.

scott

jonoslack

That time of year... Quite entertaining watching people trying to yank info out of jono. Time to break out the :watch: and ejoy the show!
Yank is much too brutal a word "tease" might be a better one, but of course, sometimes I know nothing!

Here is a gallery of snaps taken with the TL2 in China (mostly in the rain and almost exclusively with the 55-135) - all the lenses seem to me to be great though:

https://adobe.ly/2tTx7fl

All the best

jonoslack

Wow, Jono. Is this intentional editing or is everyone in China on their phone all the time?!:rolleyes:
Hi Ed
I think the answer is both - in China everyone is on their phone all the time, and if they aren’t talking then they’re taking selfies!

All the best
Jono

scott kirkpatrick

Since China very much restricts internet access to only stuff the gov't approves of, I'm curious -- are they surfing as well as talking and selfie-ing?

glennedens

Yes everything, they have a "parallel" internet, actually much bigger than the rest of world's Internet so lots to surf. What I found amusing was the sites one could get back to in the US, and not get to. It seemed almost random. I could get to getdpi, but not flickr for example, and lots of other odd choices. Their Internet environment is huge with many thousands and thousands of popular sites on every subject imaginable. For every one photo enthusiast site here there are probably 25 there and many of them are visual "copies" of popular sites here, althogh the content seems to be their own. Sorry to go off topic, but couldn't resist, since I just got back.

Now about that CL Jono :)

Since China very much restricts internet access to only stuff the gov't approves of, I'm curious -- are they surfing as well as talking and selfie-ing?