The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's Jono?

jonoslack

Since China very much restricts internet access to only stuff the gov't approves of, I'm curious -- are they surfing as well as talking and selfie-ing?
Hi Scott
As Glennedens points out, there are lots of equivalent websites in China. Sone are better than there western equivalents, added to which they certainly have not banned the selfie!

All the best

jonoslack

Yes everything, they have a "parallel" internet, actually much bigger than the rest of world's Internet so lots to surf. What I found amusing was the sites one could get back to in the US, and not get to. It seemed almost random. I could get to getdpi, but not flickr for example, and lots of other odd choices. Their Internet environment is huge with many thousands and thousands of popular sites on every subject imaginable. For every one photo enthusiast site here there are probably 25 there and many of them are visual "copies" of popular sites here, althogh the content seems to be their own. Sorry to go off topic, but couldn't resist, since I just got back.

Now about that CL Jono :)
I was rather enjoying the off-topic! CL?

Robert Campbell

Jono knows something.

We know that Jono knows something.

And Jono knows that we know that Jono knows something.

And we know that Jono knows that we know that Jono knows something

And Jono knows that we know that Jono knows that we know that Jono knows something.

and so on, if not to ∞, then for about five iterations. :grin:

glennedens

I was rather enjoying the off-topic! CL?
Yes I agree :) And to Scott's point that the S has been ignored: I am hoping that changes more so than I am waiting for a XY, CL or XYZZY (since I'm not) :) I've just had my first S lens death out of six lenses in 2+ years, so I guess no one is immune. The S is still one of my favorite systems to create with so I've kept with it (the M is the other).

Jono your write up on the M10 was very helpful, it pushed me over the edge, after a long wait I finally recieved one, and it is realy a joy to use. Your images are always a visual treat as well.

China was interesting, photography is a big pastime there, although not quite recognized as a true art form yet. I guess with 7,000+ years of art history photography has a steep hill to climb. It was fun being shown websites that look just like dpreview or luminous landscape or etc., but aren't - ah the magic of HTML and CSS scraping.

Glenn

OK, NVM the insert below... I was already late and Jono's writeup is already out!

So the cat's out of the bag... wonder if we'll see the review already today :)

//Juha

So, the CL is out and done with. But that’s old news, since new product has appeared...

So when do we get the ”Jonodian report” on Nocti 75? Maybe it’s been tested alongside the CL 😁

//Juha

scott kirkpatrick

Jono posted only one shot with the 75 Noctilux at LUF, so he's probably out and about with one of the few currently in circulation, putting the needed gallery together. I expect more chickens.

jonoslack

So, the CL is out and done with. But that’s old news, since new product has appeared...

So when do we get the ”Jonodian report” on Nocti 75? Maybe it’s been tested alongside the CL 😁

//Juha
Hi There
Well, it wasn't tested along with the CL . . but I am aware of it, but I wasn't aware of the release date!

erudolph

Dogs outweigh chickens by many-to-one.

I think Lynda Barry said something like: having two dogs is better than having one dog, having three is like having twenty-five.

scott kirkpatrick

He scattered a few comments about the LUF recently; one mentioned shooting with a Sony A9, I think. It was something I wasn't terribly interested in, so I may have gotten it wrong...

jonoslack

He scattered a few comments about the LUF recently; one mentioned shooting with a Sony A9, I think. It was something I wasn't terribly interested in, so I may have gotten it wrong...
Hah!
I think you got it wrong Scott
I have been playing with a Panasonic G9 with the 'Leica' 12-60 vario elmarit and 100-400 Vario Elmar.

I've also been playing with the Leica 75 and 90.

Here are some shots from the 75 - which is a fabulous lens - fast AF, and generally wonderful.

https://adobe.ly/2F99enA

Enjoy!