The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's Jono?

Knorp

When Jono keeps quiet he is mostly testing a new camera or lens.
It's my bet he's prototyping Leica's new system to be announced shortly ... :p

D&A

Good bet - absolutely plausible, Mike.
But it could also be something rural like East Anglia or Cornwall ... :lecture:
Now that its become common knowledge world over that when Jono is silent, he's putting soon to be released cameras and lenses through their paces. He now has to resort to retreating to places like inner or outer mongolia or possibly one of the poles, north or south. If he comes back professing a fondness for Yak or seal juice as opposed to a good beer, we'll definitely know for sure. :)

Dave (D&A)

erlingmm

Well, according to Facebook he is on a cousins camp. Does not look like China, and the picture he published is from a M246. Oh, well.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Well, according to Facebook he is on a cousins camp. Does not look like China, and the picture he published is from a M246. Oh, well.
Just a rouse to throw the dogs off the trail!

Shades of MI5/6 where is Graham Greene? Surely he could tell us ... :ROTFL:

Says something when we need him more than he needs ...........

Just saying'

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Actually all this froth about the new little Sony thingie cannot be helping.

Like going into Fortnum and Mason Piccadilly in summer and not hearing proper diction....

Or how bout Jacques Clousseau resurrected via Steve Martin gets accolades whilst Inspector Endeavor Morse with Shaun Evans is essentially ignored.

Hurry back Jono.

We all need your sense of perspective and guidance ...

Bob

jonoslack

Hah!
Yes - I"m very flattered . . . I feel rather like Wally!
Bob has it - Cousin's Camp - we had 40 people over the weekend, mostly camping in the garden and causing chaos and mayhem. It required lots of preparation and lots of clearing up afterwards!

. . . Cornwall next weekend and then Crete in September . . . . and I'm supposed to be working as well! . . . Just Busy :)

. . . and Godfrey - thanks for the link, I had to look it up too :)

All the best to All the Best.

Mike Woods

Hah!
Bob has it - Cousin's Camp - we had 40 people over the weekend, mostly camping in the garden and causing chaos and mayhem. It required lots of preparation and lots of clearing up afterwards!

. . . Cornwall next weekend and then Crete in September . . . . and I'm supposed to be working as well! . . . Just Busy :)

Hey Jono, nice to see you here. Any images to share? :)

Mike

Godfrey

Hah!

You're welcome! Good to hear from you; sounds like you're keeping busy. :)

G

D&A

Jono, wow, 40 people camping makes for some great group shots and comparison of edge performance for sharpness amd color shifts with various lenses. In comparing the images that you took, how does the soon to be released new M compare to its predisessor (M240) in your opinion?

( Hey it was worth a try...even Jono slips up every once in a while):)

Dave (D&A)

jonoslack

Jono, wow, 40 people camping makes for some great group shots and comparison of edge performance for sharpness amd color shifts with various lenses. In comparing the images that you took, how does the soon to be released new M compare to its predisessor (M240) in your opinion?
Hi Dave, well, the problem is that it's really difficult to compare 360mp (equivalent) from a flat organic sensor to 24mp on one with microlenses. Of course, the 816,000 noiseless ISO is a bit of a gamechanger (especially when you want to take pictures of bats by candle light at f16). Still, I predict yells of 'sterile' and 'unnecessary' whilst the charm and colour of the M240 images will suddenly be appreciated to it's full.

( Hey it was worth a try...even Jono slips up every once in a while):)

Dave (D&A)
Oops - I shouldn't have said that should I :facesmack::bugeyes::chug::shocked: