The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to check that replacement sensor in MM9 is ok?

Yes Modo

Hi all

I should get my Monochrom (MM9 version) back from Leica’s Australian agent with a new sensor in the next few days. The original sensor was corroded.

I’ve asked them if the replacement is the old generation CCD sensor or new generation and am waiting on their reply. I guess old generation since I haven’t read anything about the new generation sensor being available to the general public.

Since this is the 2nd time I’ve had to send my camera in (1st time was for pixel remapping), I want to check it for any possible sensor related issues when I get it back, rather than discover any issues when reviewing my photos.

How to do this? Take a photo at each ISO setting at certain apertures? Or take a photo at each aperture at certain ISOs? Should the photo be of a black or white scene?

Thanks in advance

V

Vivek

f/16, infinity, skies.

AFAIK, there is no "new" sensor for the original MM. There may be a new version of the coverglass affixed to the same old sensor.

Yes Modo

Thanks for the feedback Vivek.

I'll try your suggestion but I'm hoping that after pixel remapping last year and sensor replacement this year that this time is 3rd time lucky!

Cheers

Rob