The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My new M8 web site..

stevem8

I have been so happy with the M8 I decided to put up a small web page about it with my opinions on it and sample images. So, I was messing with Iweb on my mac and was making an M8 gallery and found it to be so easy and intuitive I decided to make a whole site with write up's on the cameras I have used over the years as well as any new ones I may end up with down the road.

The site is a work in progress but I did finish my M8 write up and sample gallery page. if you want to check it out click the link below to go to the M8 page. It seems to load slow on my end but not sure if its my semi slow connection. Thanks for looking!

http://www.stevehuffphotos.com/Steve_Huff_Photos/THE_LEICA_M8.html

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I have been so happy with the M8 I decided to put up a small web page about it with my opinions on it and sample images. So, I was messing with Iweb on my mac and was making an M8 gallery and found it to be so easy and intuitive I decided to make a whole site with write up's on the cameras I have used over the years as well as any new ones I may end up with down the road.

The site is a work in progress but I did finish my M8 write up and sample gallery page. if you want to check it out click the link below to go to the M8 page. It seems to load slow on my end but not sure if its my semi slow connection. Thanks for looking!

http://www.stevehuffphotos.com/Steve_Huff_Photos/THE_LEICA_M8.html
Steve

Interesting website....but you can shoot basketball with an M!. Its actually pretty easy because you know right where the action will be most of the time. Shoot from the high seats in the corner and focus on the foul line ..I shot my brothers high school season using a M5 with a 90 on tri X . Pre focus is the key. Lots of other examples .

Roger

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks good and thanks for the link for us. We appreciate folks doing that. BTW is this done with I web

stevem8

Hey guys! Elvis, yes I am in the midwest. I lived in Guys neck of the woods for many years (Phoenix, AZ) and we moved to the midwest a few months back for family, wife's work and a new home. BTW, I enjoyed your Youtube of the M8.2 unboxing!

Guy, thanks! Yea, I used Iweb for the 1st time ever even though its been on my macs for quite a while. I have a .mac acct so they host it (probably why its slow) and all I had to do was get a domain name for $10 and then I configured Iweb to point that site to my domain name. Pretty easy stuff.

Thanks again for checking it out!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not to get to far off topic but did not realize you could do that much with Iweb. Nice job on it and for what it is , it works great.

Steve,

I enjoyed your M8 website. I appreciate the time you took to do the write-up on the M8. You summed up the M8 strengths and weaknesses pretty well. Plus, you backed up the strengths with photos. Nicely done.

Mark Gowin

stevem8

Not to get to far off topic but did not realize you could do that much with Iweb. Nice job on it and for what it is , it works great.
Neither did I! I started messing around with it and realized how simple it was. All drag and drop pretty much. It is still limited compared to a full featured web editor but like you said, for what the site is, it works!

Thanks!

L

luxferous

Steve,

That's a nice website and write-up about the M8.

Keep it up!

Eric

stevem8

Thanks! I improved it since yesterday and made it less cramped and easier to read. I changed some colors and enlarged some text and think it looks better now. Still learning the quirks of Iweb. Thanks again!

Lloyd

Great stuff Steve. Enjoyed your write ups (read all of them), and your photography very much. Looking forward to more.

stevem8

Oh, BTW..if anyone wants to send me an image I am going to put up a new image of the week on the main page to get my mug off of there! I was shocked to see I had 2000 hits in the 1st full 24 hours! Not sure how that happened but it did. I also received about 30 e-mails from that site. Anyway, thanks to all of you guys who checked it out!