The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My sort of S-007 review..

Stuart Richardson

I'm considering to buy a used S2. Can someone tell me if the sensor in the S2 and the S type 006 is the same. I've been researching the answer to my question for some time now but couldn't find it...
Yes, it is the same sensor with slightly different tuning. The S2 is from 160 to 1250 ISO, and the S006 is from 100 to 1600. Having had both, I did not really notice any differences in sensor performance or character. The 006 has a different interface, better screen, gps and faster performance. But in terms of sheer image quality, the S2 is its equal. Others have reported the 006 having better ISO performance, but I did not really notice this in my own copies. I mostly shoot at base ISO, however.

Bundestrainer

Yes, it is the same sensor with slightly different tuning. The S2 is from 160 to 1250 ISO, and the S006 is from 100 to 1600. Having had both, I did not really notice any differences in sensor performance or character. The 006 has a different interface, better screen, gps and faster performance. But in terms of sheer image quality, the S2 is its equal. Others have reported the 006 having better ISO performance, but I did not really notice this in my own copies. I mostly shoot at base ISO, however.
Thank you so much, that really helps. Just need to check my bank account. :rolleyes:

retow

I'm considering to buy a used S2. Can someone tell me if the sensor in the S2 and the S type 006 is the same. I've been researching the answer to my question for some time now but couldn't find it...
Search for special offers for a new S006 & 70mm Summarit. They can be had at prices close to a used S2. I bought this combo from red dot cameras in the UK at a very attractive price.

Bundestrainer

Search for special offers for a new S006 & 70mm Summarit. They can be had at prices close to a used S2. I bought this combo from red dot cameras in the UK at a very attractive price.
Why would you prefer the S006 to the S2? And maybe you could send me a personal message to inform me about the amount you paid for the body and lens.

magosak

I've been looking for a deal like that myself.;)

retow

Why would you prefer the S006 to the S2? And maybe you could send me a personal message to inform me about the amount you paid for the body and lens.
The differences between the S2 and the (006) are: improved AF system, 100 ISO base sensitivity (160 for the S2), control stick, integral GPS and more. Whether any of the changes is worthwhile is for you to decide.

M

mjr

Hi elitegroup

Not sure if you use Image Shuttle and a watched folder as a preference but I tether with the 007 a lot and it tethers direct to LR without the need for IS and watched folders. Opening a tether session with the 007 it recognises the camera straight away and works exactly as my Nikons did, it's quick, a second or two and the frame is up, works really well. Te supplied cable is great, long enough for me and very secure in the camera, overall it's a great way to work.

Hope this helps.

Mat

craigrudlin

Matt

I have tried tethering the 007 to a MAC (el capitan OS) with LR and was unsuccessful. It recognized the camera, but none of
the controls worked. Leica said this is a known problem, but they did not have a solution.

Are you using a MAC and if so, what version of the operating system?

Has anyone successfully tethered the 007 to El Capitan? If so, how?

THANKS!!
craig

elitegroup

Hi elitegroup

Not sure if you use Image Shuttle and a watched folder as a preference but I tether with the 007 a lot and it tethers direct to LR without the need for IS and watched folders. Opening a tether session with the 007 it recognises the camera straight away and works exactly as my Nikons did, it's quick, a second or two and the frame is up, works really well. Te supplied cable is great, long enough for me and very secure in the camera, overall it's a great way to work.

Hope this helps.

Mat
Thanks for the info Mat is very much appreciated.

Does any one know the speed of transfer to an iPad from capture?

I know the H5D-50c tethered and iPad speed is 2secs.

I'm currently considering the Leica-007 or H5D-50c as my next purchase I'm leaning more towards the 'S' for it's dual shutter system and smaller form factor even though I like the skin tones, true focus and very fast, reliable tethering of the Hassy.

Cheers!