Site Sponsors

Thread: Shameless plug for my Kickstarter project (with Leica Monochrom) ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Shameless plug for my Kickstarter project (with Leica Monochrom) ...

For a few of the friends that I've made here over the years, I thought that I'd let you know that I've just launched a Kickstarter project for a photo book that I hope to publish that documents my experience connecting with the people in the barrios of metro Manila over the past four years. Here's a link if you are interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-h/description

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shameless plug for my Kickstarter project (with Leica Monochrom) ...

Hi Kurt, a worthwhile project for sure. Do you really need that much money to make this happen? I'm just asking because I know a little (probably too little) of self-publishing and the amount seems a bit high, but I have no idea of the quality you want or need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrew View Post
    Hi Kurt, a worthwhile project for sure. Do you really need that much money to make this happen? I'm just asking because I know a little (probably too little) of self-publishing and the amount seems a bit high, but I have no idea of the quality you want or need.
    Thanks John, I probably aimed a little too high. I haven't done this before, so it's a learning experience in which I'm learning a few things.

Post Thanks / Like

An interesting project, but wouldn't approaching an established publisher open up their distribution network as well? I could imagine you'll spend $24,000 in time alone finding places to sell it and perhaps a couple of self published working copies of the book made using Blurb or another online printer would be a calling card to larger publishers dealing with worldwide markets (especially in the Philippine's).

Steve