The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Electronic shutter release / timer for M 240?

sjg284

So I have been dabbling with time lapse over in Sony land.
I have a cheapo Neewer brand remote, so I can set the camera shutter to 2 seconds, remote interval to 3 seconds.. hit go, and just let it run for a while.

Now Leica has the classic mechanical shutter release so it is compatible with decades of shutter releases.
However, are there any sort of electro-mechanical releases that allow setting a timer interval (hit button once, let it activate camera every X seconds)?
Otherwise, is there some other port I am missing on the M240 which allows use of electronic release cable?

thx!

aDam007

I'm sure there is a way to do it with the optional GPS grip which has a sync port. I think PWs can do it. Maybe the hotshoe might also be able to do it with a PW?

That or you could buy a timex with an alarm, and use your fingers.

Though if I'm not mistaken, both the Q and the S-007 can do interval shooting. So maybe it'll show up in the next M firmware?

algrove

I use PW's on my M240 with MF grip and SCA Adapter. Time lapse is another thing and I have no idea as I use PW for studio flash from time to time. The reason I use the SCA adapter is that I use the EVF on camera hot shoe.

Godfrey

I'm sure there is a way to do it with the optional GPS grip which has a sync port. I think PWs can do it. Maybe the hotshoe might also be able to do it with a PW?

That or you could buy a timex with an alarm, and use your fingers.

Though if I'm not mistaken, both the Q and the S-007 can do interval shooting. So maybe it'll show up in the next M firmware?
What's a PW?

G

aDam007

I don't know if the PW+3 works the way the MultiMAX does (time-lapse wise). You might want to do a bit more research into the MultiMAX, as it does time lapse.