The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

jdphoto

From my perspective by looking at the "fun with" threads, the Leica SL has so much more micro contrast and better color rendition then most all of the MFD threads, imo. Yeah, 24mp FF vs MFD, but one thing in favor for the Hasselblad X1D is SD cards. Nice image of the geese, but is that moire on the tail feathers?
Oops,
The SL has 2 SD cards. Beautiful rig.

vieri

Double cave and arch

"Double cave and arch" at Playa de Campiecho, Asturias.

Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

vieri

Badwater

"Badwater, IV" from Death Valley, USA.

Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

vieri

Re: Manarola, after sunset

Vieri,
Wonderful image thanks for sharing when using the Voigtlander 15 Ver. lll
what lens profile do you use on the SL or is no correction needed.
Thanks
Hello Steve,

thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it. I use Adobe PS's profile, however compared to previous versions there is hardly any colour cast or Italian flag effects to correct; there is indeed some vignetting, but that I prefer to correct very little (or not at all, depending on the image).

Best,

Vieri

Godfrey

Re: Manarola, after sunset

Hello Steve,

thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it. I use Adobe PS's profile, however compared to previous versions there is hardly any colour cast or Italian flag effects to correct; there is indeed some vignetting, but that I prefer to correct very little (or not at all, depending on the image).

Best,

Vieri
Hi Vieri,

Lovely photos! Thanks for posting them!
I don't see any vignetting in these photos, but I do see corner fall-off. Are you using the terms interchangeably?

thanks,
G

RMR

What can I say....loving the SL and 24-90mm!
Data here: SL + 24-90mm at 24mm, f8, 12 sec, iso50 + 6 Stop ND
L1010815_SL601_RMR_Mar_2017-Edit-Edit-DetExt_OnOne_RMRing_FB.jpg

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Construction site Leica SL (digital)

We're remarkably messy when putting up new buildings here. No OSHA inspectors, rough wooden framing, lots of scraps tossed around. The workers come from many different languages and countries. It shows now, but they look fine when finished.

R1000368 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

R1000371 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

SL with Vario-Elmar-R 21-35/3.5@f/5.6

scott

Godfrey

It was a bleak and dull afternoon yesterday, with leaden light and heavy clouds. But I had promised myself to take the new lens out for a walk so I went anyway. It was a good walk.

All photos with Leica SL + APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm f/2.8-4 zoom, hand-held:

ISO 800 @ f/5 @ 1/320 @ 180mm

ISO 320 @ f/3.5 @ 1/320 @ 178mm

ISO 400 @ f/3.8 @ 1/320 @ 245mm

ISO 640 @ f/7.1 @ 1/500 @ 242mm

ISO 500 @ f/7.1 @ 1/250 @ 124mm

ISO 1600 @ f/8 @ 1/500 @ 280mm

ISO 640 @ f/4 @ 1/500 @ 280mm

ISO 3200 @ f/6.3 @ 1/400 @ 203mm

Even after familiarizing myself with it for a few days around the house, the SL90-280 remains a large and heavy lens. I carried only it in my hand, the Tenba Cooper 13DSLR bag (with nothing else in it) slung across my back just in case my wrist needed a rest. I didn't need to use the bag. I took about 30 exposures on a half-hour walk; I think there might be another five or eight worth processing.

For the first half of the walk, I had the focusing set to auto on the half-press of the shutter release; after that, I switched it to MF with AF on demand on the joystick button. I still prefer this latter focusing setup: peaking is set to enable automatically as I turn the focusing ring and the SL's display of peaking with this lens is just about perfect to my eye.

The lens performs very well, to my eye, and is a pleasure to work with even for a walk like this. That said, I'm sure I'll most likely use it more with a tripod setup and more studied shooting endeavors. And yes: I think it's time to have another customized insert made for the Pelican rollaway case. Even a backpack with this large and heavy an equipment load will wear on me too quickly.

enjoy!
G

RMR

'The Snow Side'....
of these trees in Maudslay State Park in Newburyport, MA from just five days ago. It's looking more & more like Spring here and....I'm gonna miss this!
Leica SL, 24-90mm at 83mm, f8, iso200, 1/20sec
L1010962_SL601_RMR_Mar_2017-Edit-Edit_RMRing_FB.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have the lens, but had to borrow the SL. Odd way of getting into a system...

King Jagiello is not amused.

Fifth Avenue.

Dog walkers at night.

Best,

Matt

RMR

Hoping to make a call...
while I was walking around Boston this morning...

Leica SL, 26mm, f2.9, ISO800, 1/1250 Sec

L1020094_SL601_RMR_Mar_2017-Edit_RMRing_FB.jpg

RMR

LYNNWAY COMMUTERS...
This morning very early in Lynn, MA USA as commuters (the red tail lights) are heading towards Boston and points west of the shore.
Data: Leica SL, 24-90mm lens at 24mm, f8, iso 50, 12 seconds and heavy drizzle at the time
L1020328_SL601_RMR_Mar_2017_Two_Layers-Edit_RMRing_FB.jpg