The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

RMR

These guys have my utmost respect as hard workers in an occupation I could never do. This lobsterman was working his traps getting ready to head out in the fog this past Saturday.
Leica SL, 24-90mm at 90mm, f4, 1/1250sec, iso400

L1040651_SL601_RMR_Apr_2017-Edit_RMRing_FB.jpg

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Flags

It's Memorial Day here in Israel, with ceremonies and fireworks, followed immediately by Independence Day, when we go out to cook meat over open fires. Government building and street flags are down or at half-staff for the first day, but homes, cars, and busses decorate for the celebration part of things.

L8000570 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr (M10, SX 50-asph)

R1000557 1 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr (SL, SX 80-R)

R1000562 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr (SL, SX 80 R)

scott

more flags in album at https://www.flickr.com/gp/133969392@N05/b5a5w5

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Unfortunately, I was loaned a 50/1.4 SL lens. Not my favorite focal length, but it is sure a superb piece of glass.

Still some blossoms on the cherry trees.

--Matt

RMR

'Garwin Falls'
Made a 'run' up to Garwin Falls in Wilton, NH yesterday with some other photographers. It was well worth the trip as the Spring run-off is going well!
Leica SL, 24-90mm at 28mm, 1/4 sec with 6 Stop ND at iso 800 and f9
L1060083_SL601_RMR_May_2017-Edit_RMRing_FB.jpg

Godfrey

It's Mother's Day and the cactus bloomed this morning.

Leica SL + Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm f/2.8-4 ASPH
ISO 400 @ f/16 @ 1/50 @ 275mm

enjoy,
G

frontosa

Workshop Member
Went to my go to location 1.5 miles east of where I work in Arvin, CA. Leica SL 24-90. This was around 5:45 AM.

10 minutes later, the sky changed dramatically.

vieri

Double cave at Campiecho

The spectacular double cave and arch at Playa de Campiecho, in the Asturias (Spain), here with both openings shown in full in the amazing sunset light. I had to stand in the cold sea water for quite a while, but it was definitely worth it!

Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Cottonball Marsh at sunset

This winter in Death Valley I was lucky to get two (!) rainstorms in a few days. When it rains on some of the driest landscapes on Earth, the landscape change in ways unimaginable when you see it dry: here you can see Cottonball Marsh turned into a spectacular lake at sunset.

Leica SL (Typ 601) and Voigtlander 15mm. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

The Racetrack

The Racetrack, in Death Valley, where the stones travel by themselves, is an incredible location. The long off-road drive to get there is definitely worth it: seeing and photographing these stones with their trails is magic, every time.

Leica SL (Typ 601) and Voigtlander 15mm. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

scott kirkpatrick

New lines

Our stadium is being recreated from the ground up in time for the Maccabiah Games this summer. An internationally certified line-painting crew showed up this weekend with laser rangefinders to produce clean measured white lines on the new absorbent surface:

R1000634 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Here's the stuff that becomes the running surface, after being spread by hand and carefully rolled onto an already elastic underlayer:

R1000632 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Album at https://www.flickr.com/gp/133969392@N05/Z6q6C1

scott

vieri

Pastel dawn over Zabriskie

An amazing pastel cloudy sky over Manly Beacon, at Zabriskie Point in Death Valley NP, just before sunrise.

With the Leica SL and the Voigtlander 15mm v. III. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

RMR

Spring At The Camp.....On Memorial Day weekend we open up the family cottage for the (way) too short a season in central Maine. Brought the SL with me and captured a few shots.
L1070277_SL601_RMR_May_2017_FB.jpgL1070226_SL601_RMR_May_2017_FB.jpgL1070222_SL601_RMR_May_2017_FB.jpg

The fern and the flower were taken with the SL and a Nikon mount Zeiss zf.2 100mm f2 lens!

vieri

Seacombe Cove

The long descent to Seacombe Cove, on Dorset's Jurassic Coast in the UK, brings you to a spectacular little cove where you really feel to have time-walked into the past.

With Leica SL and Voigtlander 15mm v. III. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri