The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

vieri

Kimmeridge Bay, Dorset

Sunset over the ledges and tower at Kimmeridge Bay, in Dorset (UK). Kimmeridge Bay is a place rich of photographic opportunities, both for the wide vistas and for detail work (coming soon).

With the Leica SL and Voigtlander 15mm v. III. Thanks for viewing, best regards,

Vieri

RMR

'Sunrise At Acadia's Pebble Beach'....
What can I say... but f8 and be there just rings so true for me and our recent Acadia NP visit. Many experiences that were just so memorable that can't ever be matched. You had to be there!
The sun rising, the waves breaking on the rocks......but those rocks. Ah, yes those rocks affectionately known as 'pebbles' at Acadia. They're far from pebbles but when you match them to the grandeur of this National Park they do become 'pebbles' in a sense. And of course the sunlight on the wave and on the rocks. This is one of my personal favorite images from all of 2017.

Leica SL, 18mm Super-Elmar lens at f11, 1/5 sec at ISO 50.

L1070983_SL601_RMR_May_2017_FB.jpg

RMR

'Early Morning At Otter Cliff'....
Oh boy. Get up at 3am and drive to this location? Well worth it as the conditions were just ideal for photography and simply just enjoying the view!
It's great having a National Park like Acadia right here in New England.

Leica SL, 24-90mm at 24mm, f10, 1/6 sec
L1080047_SL601_RMR_May_2017-Edit_RMRing_FB.jpg

vieri

Durdle Door, a Dorset's classic

Probably the most famous landmark on Dorset's Coast, Durdle Door is definitely impressive and a real sight to behold. Here I shot it at sunset, but it's beautiful at sunrise as well.

With the Leica SL and the spectacularly wide Voigtlander 10mm Hyper Wide Heliar with Formatt-Hitech 100mm filters used through the extremely useful Bombo adapter. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Godfrey

My partner returned from his travels to London and Paris. He brought back souvenirs...

Leica SL + APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm f/2.8-4 ASPH
ISO 100 @ f/11 @ 1/5 sec @ 166mm

For fun, camera and models to make the above:

enjoy!
G

RMR

Stream by the Avalanche Field in Baxter State Park in Millinocket, Maine.
Leica SL, 24-90mm at 28mm, f5.6, iso 50 for 1/2 sec

L1000906_SL601_RMR_June_2017-Edit_FB.jpg

frontosa

Workshop Member
My daughter and I drove 5+ hours to the Rock Creek Lake area in the Eastern Sierras to hike the Little Lake Valley Trail. This is the 3rd lake after a 2 mile hike. All 3 photos taken with Leica SL + Zeiss ZM 35 1.4

Drove another 40 miles north to Mono Lake. The storm clouds were fast approaching.

On our way home, clouds started to show some sign of color. Pulled over by Fossil Falls for this shot.

kuau

Workshop Member
I have not been very active in this group so I thought I would post some images taken with my SL, 24-90, 80-200/4 R and my rented 90-280/2.8-4 lens..
Steven

Attachments

Godfrey

Leica SL + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8
ISO 400 @ f/6.8 @ 1/60

Not the sharpest macro I've ever shot ... seem to have missed the front plane of the timing cover by a little bit ... but I like the feel of it anyway. It'll make a nice small print. :)

enjoy,
G

Godfrey

ISO 400 @ f/4 @ 1/250

On a short walk in Pescadero last Tuesday evening.

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Yet another one from the Pescadero walk:

ISO 400 @ f/3.5 @ 1/400

enjoy!
G

Knorp

If this is old news, my apologies, but I just noticed the SL price dropped a whopping €1000 from previously €6900 to €5900 (Meister Camera Germany) ... :loco:
Is there a new model coming or what ?

Godfrey

If this is old news, my apologies, but I just noticed the SL price dropped a whopping €1000 from previously €6900 to €5900 (Meister Camera Germany) ... :loco:
Is there a new model coming or what ?
Leica realigned pricing on the SL body so that it would be more consistent world-wide and also so that it would be more accessible (pricing more in line with top-end Nikon and Canon bodies). It's a sensible response to the marketplace feedback—that while Leica lenses are assumed to be substantially more expensive due to their quality and performance, bodies are commodities and shouldn't be. It increases the potential audience for the SL system.

No hints of an updated SL model have surfaced. The SL firmware is still in very active development, having just finished the firmware version 3 release (with a large list of new features and improvements), and the next release already has three or four specific things that Leica engineering has stated they are working on in response to the existing owner and beta tester comments. That's a good indicator that the SL is nowhere near the end of its product cycle yet.

G

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I talked to the Leica dealers in Austria and they all stated there is no new model on the immediate horizon.

While I do not doubt that I am pretty sure there will be an updated model within the next 12-18 months (number of AF points, maybe adding phase detect, increased video capabilities like no crop and more options for 4k).

I applaude Leica for recognising they have to lower prices and they need to constantly update existing products vi FW - something that Fuji and Olympus are doing meanwhile as standard. :clap:

I still did not jump in that train as I am so happy with my Fuji and Olympus systems that it came pretty difficult to win me over again. This is a clear example how they managed to loose very potential customers some years ago. But never say never again :cool:

RMR

'Postcard From Bar Harbor, Maine'....

at least that's what I think of when I see this image. It was a wonderful evening in Bar Harbor with a passing storm and rain followed by a purple sky.
Leica SL, 24/90 Vario at 33mm, f5.6, iso 800, 1/25 sec

L1080663_SL601_RMR_May_2017-Edit_RMRing_FB-2.jpg

scott kirkpatrick

'Postcard From Bar Harbor, Maine'....

at least that's what I think of when I see this image. It was a wonderful evening in Bar Harbor with a passing storm and rain followed by a purple sky.
Leica SL, 24/90 Vario at 33mm, f5.6, iso 800, 1/25 sec

View attachment 128072
That's not your average sloop. Can you identify the four-master and the hotel complex for those of us who haven't been to Bar Harbor in the last few years?

scott