The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

vieri

Sunset at the Racetrack, Death Valley

A Racetrack Sunset, taken during one of my Workshops for three participants only in Death Valley last January. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Storm at the Old Man of Storr, Isle of Skye

Storm at the Old Man of Storr, taken during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye last spring. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

Robert Campbell

Re: Sunset at the Racetrack, Death Valley

A Racetrack Sunset, taken during one of my Workshops for three participants only in Death Valley last January. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri
I prefer the b/w version, though the composition is a little different.

vieri

After Sunset at Kimmeridge Bay, Dorset.

After Sunset at Kimmeridge Bay, taken in Dorset during one of my Workshops there last spring. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

A beautiful sunset at Neist Point, Isle of Skye

A beautiful Sunset at Neist Point, taken on the Isle of Skye during one of the Workshops I led there last spring. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters

Vieri

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Some flowers from the Southern Hemisphere

Our local botanical garden has areas representing plants of very different terrains, including South Africa:

Protea is an obvious example:
S1010487 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and I don't know what this one is, but it also seems happy blooming in December
S1010504 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and
S1010480 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

all three with SL, S120 macro

album of more species is at https://www.flickr.com/gp/133969392@N05/8b96w8

scott kirkpatrick

The leaves show it to be a succulent, but the flowers don't look like anything Google offers for colanchoe. I've got to get into the habit of photographing the signs as well as the flowers. This garden is fairly well labelled, and they have a GIS database in which every identified plant appears in its location on their map. Some labels have pictures, and they may use some of mine where pictures are presently missing. It's at https://jbg.gardenexplorer.org/map.aspx .

vieri

Send off 2017 with a little Fine Art

To peacefully say goodbye to 2017, a little Fine Art: Tree at Loch Fada, a 4 minutes long exposure taken last spring during one of my Workshops on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. Leica SL, Leica Summarit-S 70mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thanks for viewing, and Happy New Year everyone! :)

Vieri

vieri

Dawn on the Jurassic Coast

Dawn at the Pinnacles, taken in Dorset during one of the Workshops I led on the Jurassic Coast last spring. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

RMR

L1070871_SL601_RMR_Jan_2018_FB.jpg

'Three Bikes' at the Rowley, MA train station just as the blizzard (Jan 4, 2018) was starting. Not sure what they'll come back to after we get 12-18 inches of snow!
Leica SL, 24-90mm at 39mm, f3.4, iso 200, 1/400 sec

vieri

Dark, moody Elgol, Isle of Skye

A dark, moody take at Elgol's shore, taken during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye in Scotland last spring. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Perfect reflection at the Old Man of Storr, Isle of Skye

Loch Fada and the Old Man of Storr at sunrise, taken on an exceptionally still morning during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye in Scotland last spring. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Serene sunset at Talisker Bay, Isle of Skye

A serene sunset at Talisker Bay, taken on during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye in Scotland last spring. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Serene sunset at Talisker Bay, Isle of Skye

A serene sunset at Talisker Bay, taken on during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye in Scotland last spring. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri
Vieri,

I love the S+24mm, but you really make that SL+15mm sing. Beautiful!

--Matt

vieri

Re: Serene sunset at Talisker Bay, Isle of Skye

Vieri,

I love the S+24mm, but you really make that SL+15mm sing. Beautiful!

--Matt
Thank you very much Matt, glad you are enjoying with work with it - it is a surprisingly good little lens indeed! :) Best,

Vieri